City in Checkatrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was about 8 of us from Donny , which is about 15 mins from Donny so not a bad time
Yeah it was ok for me as well as i only live at Dore near Sheffield, but there were certainly quite a few catching the train back to Manchester.
Didnt realise there were that many of us city fans in exile in south yorks.

Its the only one I've not done with City, but that isn't enough of a reason for me to go again. It took ages last time, although that was not helped by the fact I just put Shrewsbury Town into my sat nav, which proceeded to directing me to Shrewsbury town centre instead of the ground.

Not winding you up, but every time I hear you guys complain about how much time it takes to travel I laugh as I remember the expression: For an American, a hundred years is a long time, for a Brit, 100 miles is a long way. For me to go watch a match at my "local" MLS club it is nearly 3 hours drive each way. We'll make that trip 8 times this year. To go watch my college (American) football team, it is just over 3 hours each way and I have season tickets and run a huge tailgate party on campus. Heck, the wife and I drove over an hour to watch a movie at a nice theater last weekend.

Its the little differences like those that always makes my yearly trips to Europe so enjoyable. So similar, but we just come at things from different angles.

Its the only one I've not done with City, but that isn't enough of a reason for me to go again. It took ages last time, although that was not helped by the fact I just put Shrewsbury Town into my sat nav, which proceeded to directing me to Shrewsbury town centre instead of the ground.

Just get the train

Not winding you up, but every time I hear you guys complain about how much time it takes to travel I laugh as I remember the expression: For an American, a hundred years is a long time, for a Brit, 100 miles is a long way. For me to go watch a match at my "local" MLS club it is nearly 3 hours drive each way. We'll make that trip 8 times this year. To go watch my college (American) football team, it is just over 3 hours each way and I have season tickets and run a huge tailgate party on campus. Heck, the wife and I drove over an hour to watch a movie at a nice theater last weekend.

Its the little differences like those that always makes my yearly trips to Europe so enjoyable. So similar, but we just come at things from different angles.
8 times? Fucking daytripper.

8 times? Fucking daytripper.

I know... That's every home match they have on a Saturday this year at least up to the date that college football starts. I can't make it to mid-week or even Friday night matches and Sunday night matches makes it so I don't get home until 3 or 4 in the morning and having to work the next day makes it not a great idea.

At least fuel is cheap here compared to over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.