City interested in Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno??

TRUE BLUE NO1

Never heard of this guy but this is what I've just read? Any good? Sorry if this has already been posted, couldnt see a thread on him.....

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 8h8 hours ago
Pep Guardiola remains interested in 19-goal Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno (27) who he believes has the profile Manchester City are looking for in the attacking areas. [Plaza Deportiva]

Last edited:
He's a good player, not on the level of the lads we have. Can play across the frontline as he's a creative player as well as a goalscorer and has a decent turn of pace. His main problem is that he doesn't have a football brain but looking at what Guardiola has done with a few of our players regarding in game intelligence could be a good signing.

He's a former winger, currently 'false 9'/CF if I'm not mistaken. Very good player, would be used in all 3 forward positions. It's an old rumour though, City reportedly offered €35m some time ago, the bid was rejected.

Disagree about the lack of a football brain, brainless wingers don't get moved inside.

He's basically a cheap alternative to Griezmann.

Last edited:
Would be a good addition. We've been linked in the past IIRC, but his buy-out clause is like £100m+ so Valencia would have be willing to sell for a lower price.

Would he be happy playing 3rd striker? Cos pretty sure thats where he'd be in the pecking order.
Something different, but for me its has a bit of a Nolito about it.
With it being a WC year can we rely on Kun and Gabbi getting through the whole of next season unscathed?
Suppose thats the big question.
Would much prefer us to promote a youth player and see what is around next season and save the cash, but the WC year is crucial and may force City to get a 3rd forward

Cheers. Search button? I'm I just being thick or do you have to know the title of the thread or the exact name of who posted in order to search?
Type the main word,Moreno in this case,into the search facility,tick the 'search title's only' box,and all relevant topics will be revealed.

9 years a member......here endeth the lesson ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.