City interested in Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno??

Can't be that much of a fan he was linked to us last summer, has 20 goals this season and is in the Spanish national team. He's also played briefly in the Premier League (albeit unsuccessfully) with Bolton in 2010/11. Saying he can't improve us, despite (by your own acknowledgment) not knowing anything about the player... makes no sense.

Going by this, I'd have been surprised if you'd heard of Fernandinho when we signed him (28 y/o), or Otamendi (27).
Fernandinho was playing CL football for a long time before we took him. Otamendi was defender of the year in Spain. I only watch Celta Vigo in Spain and sure you dont expect me to remember someone that played for Bolton 7 years ago? How many goals you said he scored for Spain?

Can't be that much of a fan he was linked to us last summer, has 20 goals this season and is in the Spanish national team. He's also played briefly in the Premier League (albeit unsuccessfully) with Bolton in 2010/11. Saying he can't improve us, despite (by your own acknowledgment) not knowing anything about the player... makes no sense.

Going by this, I'd have been surprised if you'd heard of Fernandinho when we signed him (28 y/o), or Otamendi (27).
Bony had 20+ goals for Swansea before we took him. Surely you don t expect every football fan from Spain to know him before his arrival?

You said you knew nothing about him yet claim he wont improve us - how do you know that then?
Because I dont think that a 27 yo forward, that I ve never heard about, will improve us. Bolton and Valencia, for a 27 yo, it s hardly a good CV.

Dont know this lad at all, but from reading this so far it sounds like he might have the profile to be support/backup for Jesus? I would think Jesus and Aguero will be our main strikers next season, but both have spells wiht injury so this fella would get plenty of game time but just not as first choice.

Because I dont think that a 27 yo forward, that I ve never heard about, will improve us. Bolton and Valencia, for a 27 yo, it s hardly a good CV.
So what you are basically saying is that despite not knowing anything about him, you know he wont improve us. Any chance of the 6 numbers for tonight please

So what you are basically saying is that despite not knowing anything about him, you know he wont improve us. Any chance of the 6 numbers for tonight please
No, but I can tell you that it s not going to be 123456.

Fernandinho was playing CL football for a long time before we took him. Otamendi was defender of the year in Spain. I only watch Celta Vigo in Spain and sure you dont expect me to remember someone that played for Bolton 7 years ago? How many goals you said he scored for Spain?
Rodrigo has played 4 out of 7 years in Europe.
Rodrigo has 2 in 4 for Spain. Only recently made the Spain squad, which as you know is packed with talent. And yes, I would expect a Valencia fan to know who Bony was especially if they had been linked with him the season before.

Either way, I'm not judging you for not knowing who the player is. But you can't say someone won't improve us without knowing anything about him. Fernandinho was 28 with just Atletico Paranaense and Shakhtar and less than a handful of caps "on his CV". Otamendi never won La Liga "defender of the year" - Ramos won it 4 years in a row followed by Diego Godín.

And by the way, if he signs and disappoints you will in no way be proven right as you don't know anything about the player and you're all guesswork. I believe he'd be a good signing but a risk, he is 27 so if he doesn't settle immediately he might flop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.