City interested in Valencia forward Rodrigo Moreno??

Gen question. How do you assess players who you know would improve us
Who I think*
The ones that I don t know (mainly young ones) I check on youtube and read about them. The ones that I know... well, I know them and I have an opinion. Sure you don t pretend to know every footballer in the first 5 leagues of Europe?

Who I think*
The ones that I don t know (mainly young ones) I check on youtube and read about them. The ones that I know... well, I know them and I have an opinion. Sure you don t pretend to know every footballer in the first 5 leagues of Europe?
If you DON'T KNOW then you don't know. That's fine. But don't assume, just because YOU haven't heard of him, he won't be any good.

Rodrigo has played 4 out of 7 years in Europe.
Rodrigo has 2 in 4 for Spain. Only recently made the Spain squad, which as you know is packed with talent. And yes, I would expect a Valencia fan to know who Bony was especially if they had been linked with him the season before.

Either way, I'm not judging you for not knowing who the player is. But you can't say someone won't improve us without knowing anything about him. Fernandinho was 28 with just Atletico Paranaense and Shakhtar and less than a handful of caps "on his CV". Otamendi never won La Liga "defender of the year" - Ramos won it 4 years in a row followed by Diego Godín.

And by the way, if he signs and disappoints you will in no way be proven right as you don't know anything about the player and you're all guesswork. I believe he'd be a good signing but a risk, he is 27 so if he doesn't settle immediately he might flop.
I thought Otamendi was the defender of the year in Spain, before we took him. Or, maybe, he just had the best stats. Can t remember. As for Rodrigo, if we sign him, I would expect him to score 15+ goals in our team. It wouldn t mean anything. We ve put ourself in a position where I expect better. We have Aguero, we have the best young talent of Brazil, we need better than Rodrigo.

I thought Otamendi was the defender of the year in Spain, before we took him. Or, maybe, he just had the best stats. Can t remember. As for Rodrigo, if we sign him, I would expect him to score 15+ goals in our team. It wouldn t mean anything. We ve put ourself in a position where I expect better. We have Aguero, we have the best young talent of Brazil, we need better than Rodrigo.
I get what you're saying but if you don't know anything about him, you can't really comment on how good or bad a signing he might be.
That last sentence makes the least sense. If we signed Kane or Lewandowski, would they be willing to rotate with Jesus and Agüero, and allow for Jesus to play fairly regularly, on a reasonable wage (£<200k)? no. We have great strikers so we need another world class one? hmmm that doesn't make sense.

If you DON'T KNOW then you don't know. That's fine. But don't assume, just because YOU haven't heard of him, he won't be any good.
I maintain what I said first: I don t want a 27yo forward that I ve never heard before to come, even as a saua
I get what you're saying but if you don't know anything about him, you can't really comment on how good or bad a signing he might be.
That last sentence makes the least sense. If we signed Kane or Lewandowski, would they be willing to rotate with Jesus and Agüero, and allow for Jesus to play fairly regularly, on a reasonable wage (£<200k)? no. We have great strikers so we need another world class one? hmmm that doesn't make sense.
I would like a versatile forward (Griezmann/D
You're blind deaf and dumb then, he was Benfica's golden boy for quite a bit.
Stop quoting me. You act to childish. You re just annoying.

I maintain what I said first: I don t want a 27yo forward that I ve never heard before to come, even as a saua

I would like a versatile forward (Griezmann/D
As I said Griezmann looks almost certain to join Barca this summer AND signing him would mean breaking our wage structure (as would any other 25+ superstar that you'd have heard of). I think Griezmann would be more likely to stay at Atleti than sign for City.

And I think there are some players that it would be worth breaking the wage structure for, however the club will on the most part stick to this hence why Rodrigo is a target.

As I said Griezmann looks almost certain to join Barca this summer AND signing him would mean breaking our wage structure (as would any other 25+ superstar that you'd have heard of). I think Griezmann would be more likely to stay at Atleti than sign for City.

And I think there are some players that it would be worth breaking the wage structure for, however the club will on the most part stick to this hence why Rodrigo is a target.
Sorry, problems with phone. I ment a versatile player like Griezmann/Dybala/Hazard (type). A proved player but still relative young so we don t have to rely only on Jesus when Aguero leaves. We can integrate someone now and perhaps bring someone from the academy when Aguero leaves. I don t want stop gaps anymore.

We already have 2 great strikers, we don t need a 27 yo to be 3th choise. We could give his playing time to someone like Unal or Nmecha. And even more playing time for Diaz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.