City Join On The Ball Campaign

You wildly missed my point there mate.

What I was inferring was if they can afford the match (£35+) they can’t be claiming ‘poverty’ can they ffs.

Next you’ll be telling me fellas should get free tissues to stave of ‘wank poverty’.

Give your head a wobble.
Guess you'll be starting a group arguing that City should charge people to use toilet paper at football matches, then?

Providing free sanitary products at football games isn't to do with period poverty - that's something related but something different.

Great that the club have finally signed up to this. Just a really small and low cost gesture that can improve the match day experience for many of our fans. Think most would agree that these are bathroom essentials and given it's the norm to provide soap and bog roll, I don't see why that should be any different.

Regarding period poverty, I'm not sure what City's policy is regarding providing tickets to charities and community projects, but plenty of clubs have people attending games for free via such schemes. So it isn't always a case of affording a match ticket meaning you can afford sanitary products.

It's also not uncommon for people to be unexpectedly caught short and a lot of teenage girls attend games with male relatives. It can be a bit embarrassing having to ask a male relative for change for a machine or whatever so yeah, given how little it will cost, it's the right thing to do.

Guess you'll be starting a group arguing that City should charge people to use toilet paper at football matches, then?

Providing free sanitary products at football games isn't to do with period poverty - that's something related but something different.

Are you purposely being obtuse?

On the Ball is about period poverty ie not having the financial resources to buy your tampons etc. Simple as that.

My original point stands. If you can’t afford the £2 for a box of 20 (as I’m reliably informed) you have no place spending £35+ on going to watch the match. Any reasonable woman would put her basic needs before football.

What on earth cant you get your head round about that?

Oh and btw I think it’s s great cause. For those who actually need it. Someone who can afford the match doesn’t ‘need’ free tampons.

Are you purposely being obtuse?

On the Ball is about period poverty ie not having the financial resources to buy your tampons etc. Simple as that.

My original point stands. If you can’t afford the £2 for a box of 20 (as I’m reliably informed) you have no place spending £35+ on going to watch the match. Any reasonable woman would put her basic needs before football.

What on earth cant you get your head round about that?

Oh and btw I think it’s s great cause. For those who actually need it. Someone who can afford the match doesn’t ‘need’ free tampons.

Irrespective of your point. It may just be that a lady comes on her period at the match and hasn’t got products on her. So now the club have made this small gesture. Can only be a positive.

Well done once again city.

Irrespective of your point. It may just be that a lady comes on her period at the match and hasn’t got products on her. So now the club have made this small gesture. Can only be a positive.

Which is lovely but has fuck all to do with period poverty mate.

Well said WW, the amount of women and girls at games these days is huge,this is a welcome initative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.