City Kit Manufacturers

Manchester1894

Leeds have left Kappa for Adidas. It got me thinking about our home kits. Umbro by far our top kit producer with 19 home kits. Then:

Nike/Le Coq Sportif on 6
Reebok 3
Puma 2
Kappa 1

Figures could be skewed from when they used to change a shirt every two seasons to what is every season now X 4 shirts FFS. But Kappa period never seemed that short at the time.

Etihad have been sponsors on 12 home kits. Amazing how time flies. Now by far our longest sponsor. Again brother looks insignificant but again the two season shorts make it look like that.

Brother 6
Thomas Cook 4
Saab 2
First Advice 2
Eidos 2
Phillips 2

Missed any?

Umbro made more than 19 kits for us. They made our kits from 1934-1997, then again 2009-2013.

Also you can’t go off the number of kits as now it’s 1 kit a year, in the past a kit could last 2 seasons or more. You have to go off years.

Brother sponsored us from 1987-1999. Etihad have sponsored us 2009 to now. So second longest sponsorship behind Brother (only just though).

Sponsors:

Brother 12 years
Etihad 11 years
Thomas Cook 5 years
Philips 4 years
Eidos 4 Years
Saab 2 years
First Advice 2 years

Kit Manufacturers

Umbro 67 years
Le Coq Sportif 7 years
Nike 6 years
Reebok 4 years
Kappa 2 years
Puma 2 years (as of the start of next season)

Umbro made more than 19 kits for us. They made our kits from 1934-1997, then again 2009-2013.

Also you can’t go off the number of kits as now it’s 1 kit a year, in the past a kit could last 2 seasons or more. You have to go off years.

Brother sponsored us from 1987-1999. Etihad have sponsored us 2009 to now. So second longest sponsorship behind Brother (only just though).

Sponsors:

Brother 12 years
Etihad 11 years
Thomas Cook 5 years
Philips 4 years
Eidos 4 Years
Saab 2 years
First Advice 2 years

Kit Manufacturers

Umbro 67 years
Le Coq Sportif 7 years
Nike 6 years
Reebok 4 years
Kappa 2 years

Ah thanks, was using http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm as a visual indicator
Never knew that for 1934 onwards. Amazing. So the badge on the front wasn't necessarily an indicator.

Sponsors:

Brother 12 years
Etihad 11 years
Thomas Cook 5 years
Philips 4 years
Eidos 4 Years
Saab 2 years
First Advice 2 years

Kit Manufacturers

Umbro 67 years
Le Coq Sportif 7 years
Nike 6 years
Reebok 4 years
Kappa 2 years

would it not be Puma 2 years at the end of next season?

I still remember going to the Puma kit launch around this time last year.

Good ol' Humphrey Brothers Clothing! Provided the 1934 Cup Final kits for both teams, including the knickers and stockings. (shorts and socks)

The Reebok shirts were the worst, followed by Le Coq Sportif. A lot of City fans didn’t like the Nike shirts but I thought they were alright.
Umbro were the best, and Kappa second, although the shirts were massive in the nineties, and I even bought them two sizes too big to make them even baggier.

Quite like the direction Puma are going in (don’t shoot me) but Umbro will always remain the kings of the City kit.

Oh to be kitted out by the International Sporting Rooster once again.

...said no one ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.