City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Is this the start of the slow drip into the mainstream that the premier league are going to let Manchester City "get away with it" for the good of the league itself...still painting City as the bad guys who cheated, but the pl simply couldnt afford to prove it?

Or maybe it's just the ramblings of two barely coherent racist BBC goons?
Who knows how much (if any) truth there is in it but I suppose it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that there will be some clubs in the PL looking at it and saying “this 115 is now hitting us in the pocket and it’s nothing to fucking do with us”.

Is a side that perennially finishes bottom half, that looks to just survive every season, really that arsed about City? Possibly at the beginning, when the cartel were painting a certain picture but now all of a sudden they’re staring at a multi-million pound legal bill and they might just be thinking that they didn’t sign up for this.

Don't normally listen or read Dan Roan but had a quick look.

Does this sound like racism ?

View attachment 133043

I don't think so, and I'd be wary of being too loose with the term.

A lot of people mocked the club when they suggested Klopp might be racist, but I think his statement was. He suggested three clubs (and he was talking about those with Middle Eastern owners) could outspend Liverpool, which is obviously nonsense, particularly given how PSR has prevented Newcastle getting within a few hundred million of Liverpool's income.

In this case, it's a legitimate concern that Newcastle and City do have the ability to bring in vastly more money from related parties than any other PL clubs. While we're not technically state owned, the links between our owners and chair, and a huge number of state linked companies in the UAE is a matter of fact.

So, while it was racist to single out the clubs with Middle Eastern ownership with a bogus argument, I don't think it's racist to link them when the concerns are based on a legitimate one (even if it's one that many here don't agree matters).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.