City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Here is an interesting thought.
I read that the PL expenses have risen by £50m largely due to legal costs incurred in trying to win their case vs City.
Their legal costs will continue to rise due to the ongoing ffp/psr challenge against our club.
From what I understand, the PL is running out of funds to continue their action.
Could the PL itself therefore, become a victim of its' own ffp/psr rules? Can you imagine that?
A delicious irony indeed!
Upon losing the case, (if that happens) how much will the PL have to pay, not just in legal costs, but compensation to CITY?
Interesting times.....
Don't bring a legal case against someone based on a bunch of dodgy hacked emails that have already been thrown out by one court then.

But it's not just us. Everton, Forest and a few others too, I think. Leicester?

What I heard was that they were putting aside 10 million for legal costs, and it's already at 45 million. They may figure that the first year will be expensive, but after that, it will act as a deterrent, and they won't need to bring any action. But I think it's just too easy to, through bad planning, accidentally break the rules. You can set a budget, but if you do shit on the pitch, or a player you were hoping to sell for huge money gets injured, or drops off a cliff in terms of form, you're screwed. What if West Ham agreed to sell Paqueta, but wanted to bring a replacement in first, and after bringing one in, all of that gambling stuff came out? That's why the whole idea of dealing with it after the fact is ridiculous. You can't have a deterrent against making mistakes.

No City fan should give them an inch of moral high ground. No other club is concerned by the future sustainability of the football pyramid. They are only concerned about how much money they can make or how little they need to invest in order to compete. Fuck the lot of them.
I'm concerned about the football pyramid, and would happily vote (as if I have one) for anything that helped sustain it, even if it meant City and the other top clubs earning less money. But what I wouldn't vote for is protectionism for the top clubs disguised as concern for the football pyramid. FFP was always a con, which is why I've never had any issue with our club (or more recently, Chelsea, or anyone else) using whatever clever accounting tricks they can to get around it.

I don't think there's much point comparing the two. Clearly our owners have the clout of a nation state, not just access to the occasional friendly deal.

There are plenty of arguments to make against the shit that people throw at City, but I think it's self evident that our owner and chair have more direct influence, over more companies, and more wealth, than the owners of any PL club apart from Newcastle.

Yep point was it's always been who you know in big business and the difference is if a car company sponsor an American team god 150m it will be fine city get a company in there part of the world it won't be fine it would be assessed for fair value!

I hope City do win the APT case against the PL, but is it possible that the panel haven't concluded proceedings yet, and that is why the PL amended the agenda at Thursday's meeting?

Here is an interesting thought.
I read that the PL expenses have risen by £50m largely due to legal costs incurred in trying to win their case vs City.
Their legal costs will continue to rise due to the ongoing ffp/psr challenge against our club.
From what I understand, the PL is running out of funds to continue their action.
Could the PL itself therefore, become a victim of its' own ffp/psr rules? Can you imagine that?
A delicious irony indeed!
Upon losing the case, (if that happens) how much will the PL have to pay, not just in legal costs, but compensation to CITY?
Interesting times.....

I think their real fear is they may have to spend £50m to fight the Rags only this time they could win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.