City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Tbf, as soon as Khaldoon and Pearce became involved, the private ownership argument, while it may be true, flew out of the window where income is concerned. That doesn't mean we can't use it as an argument against the idea that the club is state-owned, state-funded, state-sponsored or whatever the latest watered down version is, it clearly isn't, but we can't pretend the club isn't in a much stronger position with a lot more large company contacts than any other club is, with the exception of Newcastle, and we aren't far below them.

See my previous post for why, and why I don't care.

But let’s not forget the Rags & Arsenal know how to use politics to influence decisions. Both have had Keir Starmer sat in the stands for the last month & will have used those opportunities for lobbying.

I seem to remember ratboyvand spitty continually saying how can City make so much more money than the rags and dippers starting about 1 year ago. Were they in the loop and laying down the foundations.

I hope City do win the APT case against the PL, but is it possible that the panel haven't concluded proceedings yet, and that is why the PL amended the agenda at Thursday's meeting?

It's the only explanation that makes sense, I think.

Firstly, because the arbitrators won't be working to some arbitrary timetable the PL imposes o byn itself (I always thought it was weird people were thinking the PL would announce something in a meeting).

Secondly, because if City had had substantial wins, they would have had to announce it to the clubs immediately.

Thirdly, because if the PL had won everything substantial, then they wouldn't need to pull the changes yesterday (unless we believe the PL that it was because several clubs raised concerns).

Most likely, I think, is that there has been no decision yet.

I suppose it's also possible that the judgment was just released before the meeting and the lawyers got cold feet on the proposed changes and withdrew them. But that seems too much of a coincidence.

Last edited:
But let’s not forget the Rags & Arsenal know how to use politics to influence decisions. Both have had Keir Starmer sat in the stands for the last month & will have used those opportunities for lobbying.

Seems to me anything that Starmer does that benefits United or Arsenal will be scrutinised beyond belief in the political press. He is already in a bit of trouble. He won't be doing anything he shouldn't.

Maybe :)

Won't post the link, but the Daily Wail has this covered and it is astonishing to read the comments section - there's a complete change of attitude with many comments in support of City in the greater 115 legal battle. Unless I just stumbled on a random sample supporting us.

I absolutely agree that large companies would want to be involved with the best club in world football, and Carragher's ignorance is embarrassing.

The fact remains that our owners and Newcastle's owners have direct, and indirect control, over many times the wealth of any other owners, so describing that as an issue related to the current Middle Eastern owned clubs, is legitimate.
Either Spitty is thick and ignorant or is just being told to pander to the equally thick and ignorant plastic lemmings and tell them what they want to hear.
If Spitty couldn't play football he'd be making a living dealing drugs to vulnerable kids or selling knock off gear from the back of a van as he's basically a scroat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.