City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

We don't brag about our history mate!

we laugh about the the 90's with our kids! ha
It makes it look like what ever fan assumes that City were “invented”’by Mansour and maybe it’s time we did brag and personally I don’t laugh about the Swales era which nearly cost us our wonderful club

It makes it look like what ever fan assumes that City were “invented”’by Mansour and maybe it’s time we did brag and personally I don’t laugh about the Swales era which nearly cost us our wonderful club
When I look back to those dark days it's an absolute dream to where we are now in fact unbelievable

Here is an interesting thought.
I read that the PL expenses have risen by £50m largely due to legal costs incurred in trying to win their case vs City.
Their legal costs will continue to rise due to the ongoing ffp/psr challenge against our club.
From what I understand, the PL is running out of funds to continue their action.
Could the PL itself therefore, become a victim of its' own ffp/psr rules? Can you imagine that?
A delicious irony indeed!
Upon losing the case, (if that happens) how much will the PL have to pay, not just in legal costs, but compensation to CITY?
Interesting times.....

It’s incredibly unlikely the PL will be running out of money, mate.

It’s the media laying the groundwork to use it as an excuse for when we slap them.

Don't bring a legal case against someone based on a bunch of dodgy hacked emails that have already been thrown out by one court then.

But it's not just us. Everton, Forest and a few others too, I think. Leicester?

What I heard was that they were putting aside 10 million for legal costs, and it's already at 45 million. They may figure that the first year will be expensive, but after that, it will act as a deterrent, and they won't need to bring any action. But I think it's just too easy to, through bad planning, accidentally break the rules. You can set a budget, but if you do shit on the pitch, or a player you were hoping to sell for huge money gets injured, or drops off a cliff in terms of form, you're screwed. What if West Ham agreed to sell Paqueta, but wanted to bring a replacement in first, and after bringing one in, all of that gambling stuff came out? That's why the whole idea of dealing with it after the fact is ridiculous. You can't have a deterrent against making mistakes.

Anyone shitting on the pitch should be thoroughly investigated imo.

Spot on. Fuck all those clubs. They started this shit back in the 80s when they carved up the first set of live TV rights where virtually every week we had one of the so-called “Big Five” being broadcast live, or worse still, two of the Big Five playing each other. Not to mention those same clubs carving up the way that gate receipts were distributed.

Of course, as time went on one of those five clubs - Everton - fell down the pecking order to the extent that they’re no longer classed as one of the present day Big Six, but the other 4 of the 1980s Big Five line-up are all still there acting like cunts.

These clubs can moan as much as they want about the people who run our club having better access to bigger global companies and potentially better sponsorship deals than them but I couldn’t give 2 shits. They still have their own business contacts to negotiate mates rates deals, as evidenced by United and Chevrolet (which ended with the Chevrolet guy who brokered it getting sacked - nothing to see here, honest), and Liverpool’s scrawny-necked Boston-based **** of an owner signing a kit deal with a Boston-based supplier. What was the losing bid Mr Henry?

It’s the Big 11 these days mate.

When I look back to those dark days it's an absolute dream to where we are now in fact unbelievable

The thing I remember about those days is we always had hope. In spite of what the Johnny come lately online cretins say we were always a big club, with a proud history and a large loyal fanbase. No.matter how low we sunk deep in our hearts we knew we'd bounce back.

My two lowest points were the Pearce era and when I realised that without a big money takeover we were just going to remain a mid table run of the mill club,that might, if we were extremely lucky, win the odd league cup. The top six were as good as the same every year and the European money ensured they stayed there. Nobody and I mean nobody, was crying it wasn't fair back then and we needed new rules to make it fairer. They didn't give a fuck until we became a threat.

Here is an interesting thought.
I read that the PL expenses have risen by £50m largely due to legal costs incurred in trying to win their case vs City.
Their legal costs will continue to rise due to the ongoing ffp/psr challenge against our club.
From what I understand, the PL is running out of funds to continue their action.
Could the PL itself therefore, become a victim of its' own ffp/psr rules? Can you imagine that?
A delicious irony indeed!
Upon losing the case, (if that happens) how much will the PL have to pay, not just in legal costs, but compensation to CITY?
Interesting times.....
Maybe we could ask the Premier League how they’re funding the case. See if they cooperate. If they didn’t have sufficient funds perhaps Masters fails the fit and proper test?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.