City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

We also have a member of a UAE ruling family on our side who has invested billions in our country and saved one of our major banks from going bust.

The PL have scruffy Jim catweasel, the tax evading petrochemical polluter,and and a bunch of yank hedge fund shysters, whose culture is 'invest a little, extract a lot' and bugger sporting excellence and winning trophies !!

There’s been no statement from the club, other than a spokesman saying “As you know, we are not in a position to comment…”.

Lawton is clearly well connected though, with one of his close colleagues being married to Arsenal’s CCO, so I think it’s naive to suggest that he’s purely guessing here. I imagine he’ll know the mood music around the PL about how the hearing went.

I can't see City issuing any statement until there is something public from the PL - they are playing it strictly according to confidentiality as I see it.

Lawton has probably asked questions such as "did City seem happy with..." and got back a "I would imagine they think it's a win".

Spot on. Fuck all those clubs. They started this shit back in the 80s when they carved up the first set of live TV rights where virtually every week we had one of the so-called “Big Five” being broadcast live, or worse still, two of the Big Five playing each other. Not to mention those same clubs carving up the way that gate receipts were distributed.

Of course, as time went on one of those five clubs - Everton - fell down the pecking order to the extent that they’re no longer classed as one of the present day Big Six, but the other 4 of the 1980s Big Five line-up are all still there acting like cunts.

These clubs can moan as much as they want about the people who run our club having better access to bigger global companies and potentially better sponsorship deals than them but I couldn’t give 2 shits. They still have their own business contacts to negotiate mates rates deals, as evidenced by United and Chevrolet (which ended with the Chevrolet guy who brokered it getting sacked - nothing to see here, honest), and Liverpool’s scrawny-necked Boston-based **** of an owner signing a kit deal with a Boston-based supplier. What was the losing bid Mr Henry?
I usually agree with most of your posts on here but I'm not convinced there's much mileage in raking up stuff from the 80s, for example IIRC under Swales, City were happy enough to support the removal of the 25% of gate receipts going to the visiting club.

Right now I think we should encourage any club or fanbase that's finally realising what's going on in the PL hierarchy.

I usually agree with most of your posts on here but I'm not convinced there's much mileage in raking up stuff from the 80s, for example IIRC under Swales, City were happy enough to support the removal of the 25% of gate receipts going to the visiting club.

Right now I think we should encourage any club or fanbase that's finally realising what's going on in the PL hierarchy.
Good point but just to clarify that Swales was a **** as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.