City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Swales at that time was very close to getting it right, the Tony Book/Bill Taylor combination had produced a quality side and was one or two players away from a title winning side, the decision to bring back Big Mal destroyed it all.
So so true.

Football vandalism.

Those were the days of doing paper rounds to cover away travel/tickets.

Used to take advantage of reading every papers sports news on us.
I too had a paper round, about 73/74 when I was 14/15. I didn't bother reading the papers as I wanted to get home for my breakfast. However on a Wednesday one of the customers used to have a Playboy Magazine discreetly hidden inside the Daily Mail.

My normal 45 minutes round used to take about an hour on Wednesday's, my Mum asked me once why I was always late back on that particular day, she probably knew but i told her Wednesday was the day we had extra publication's to deliver.

It was difficult to read during the winter darkness so I had to find a street lamp to ponder the latest lovely lasses. One time I was so invested in it a girl from my school who I fancied like mad (and was also a "paper girl") walked past me and saw what I was reading. I never got the courage to ask her out after that.

Swales at that time was very close to getting it right, the Tony Book/Bill Taylor combination had produced a quality side and was one or two players away from a title winning side, the decision to bring back Big Mal destroyed it all.
So true. If I recall correctly, we were fifth in the table and playing well at the time Swales decided to axe him in favour of Malcolm. I'd argue that, like the Gillingham play-off match, it was a sliding doors moment, only in reverse, and one that might have seen us go on to greater success had that clown done the sensible thing and persevered with Book.

I too had a paper round, about 73/74 when I was 14/15. I didn't bother reading the papers as I wanted to get home for my breakfast. However on a Wednesday one of the customers used to have a Playboy Magazine discreetly hidden inside the Daily Mail.

My normal 45 minutes round used to take about an hour on Wednesday's, my Mum asked me once why I was always late back on that particular day, she probably knew but i told her Wednesday was the day we had extra publication's to deliver.

It was difficult to read during the winter darkness so I had to find a street lamp to ponder the latest lovely lasses. One time I was so invested in it a girl from my school who I fancied like mad (and was also a "paper girl") walked past me and saw what I was reading. I never got the courage to ask her out after that.
READING!!!!!!
Fcuking pervert!

I usually agree with most of your posts on here but I'm not convinced there's much mileage in raking up stuff from the 80s, for example IIRC under Swales, City were happy enough to support the removal of the 25% of gate receipts going to the visiting club.

Right now I think we should encourage any club or fanbase that's finally realising what's going on in the PL hierarchy.
To make your post factually correct, Swales was happy enough to support the removal of the 25% of DECLARED gate receipts. The money from 10k fans not shown on the attendance record was never split with the away team :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.