City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

We still are voting that way sometimes.

It’s a bit of hypocrisy to be honest, because it was our takeover which opened our eyes to it, and a lot of your fans warning us of it during our takeover saga.
I guess I could spin it back and say if our takeovers happened the opposite way round, it could have been your fans doing the same.
There are differences.
City have been downtrodden by a bunch of arrogant, entitled, gobby twunts for a long time. Unlike yourselves.
Also FFP rules have been in place for a while now too, so it is a known obstacle for new challengers to the established order.
FFP didn't even exist before City started their inexorable rise to the top table!
As a long time City supporter, I welcome the challenge from other clubs for the League/top4 places as it makes life interesting. Having said that, I hope that City win it every season obvs.
Finally, yesterdays' game was, by and large, a decent match which either side could have won.
At least your team didn't fully go into a cowardly 'park the bus' mode like the cockernees or RM!

There is a lot of laundered crime money put into non-league football
David Beckham joins Salford City ownership - NBC Sports

Proceeds from crimes against football

This is something that I have argued.

If they really wanted to protect clubs from going bust, then debt would be how you control it. Teams are allowed to be in debt. Man Utd are somewhere between £600m-£1bn in debt, depending on who and when you ask the question. Spurs have financed a stadium of £1bn, Arsenal were in debt on their stadium for a long time, and possibly still are. The Premier League green lighted a leveraged takeover of Burnley who were getting relegated.
Debt, and in particular external debt is the threat to a clubs existence, not ownerships who are willing to put money into a club.

It’s amazing, at the beginning of the year my local non-league club nearly went out of business. The money isn’t there for non-league clubs, and they basically run off the fact that you have owners who put money into them, without taking it out to keep them going. Our whole non-league pyramid survives on this concept, yet get further up the league and it’s not allowed?
and they have audacity to call ffp and psr savior of pl in expense of mcfc .
Clubs with less debt will get punishment while the ones with billions in debt get an extra protection and few layers of guard rails just so they don’t fall off the cliff.
Fucking does my head every time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.