City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

It's not about getting people to ring in.

It's saying something so stupid and inflammatory that people then talk about the channel across social media, as we're doing right now and giving them free advertising!

So then others tune in to hear what stupid shit they say next.
It's not even that.

It's alright not listening and turning it off...but they have a huge audience to where their bile spills. This is what creates the hate which spreads across all platforms X/Instagram/Facebook etc.

Must be true cos' it was on the radio.

They need to be stopped.

Talks port saying £900 million deal with EFL off the table if we win.

Hypothetically if this turns on the financial taps surely the trickle down of clubs being able to spend will fall down to the Championship? The current system has led to Premier League clubs not spending as they are scared of being sanctioned and docked points, this amendments by the premier league surely jeopardises the incoming money even further. A league that wants to put rules in place to stop one team is hurting the over teams right down the football pyramid but Masters and Parry don’t see it that way.

Mainly lack of detailed understanding. It is all very complex - just a bit of coincidence that a lot of this stuff falls within my professional experience. And then some guys, just happy to listen to people who want to place nonsense stories.

I've always found it incredibly strange that a bunch of English literature graduates are somehow qualified to write about a dense legal and financial regulatory setup with any sort of platform or authority. I've a mate whose opinion is usually "I have absolutely no idea". He's a Grade 3 prosecutor for the CPS on the Fraud List.

How in the world he says he can't offer a decent opinion and only general thoughts (as he's not familiar with football regs like you) but some broadsheet journo thinks they've got it all figured out just beggars belief.

Hypothetically if this turns on the financial taps surely the trickle down of clubs being able to spend will fall down to the Championship? The current system has led to Premier League clubs not spending as they are scared of being sanctioned and docked points, this amendments by the premier league surely jeopardises the incoming money even further. A league that wants to put rules in place to stop one team is hurting the over teams right down the football pyramid but Masters and Parry don’t see it that way.

They see it. I’m convinced Parry is not in the EFL for the benefit of those clubs.

I use to think the clubs PR was poor. But I have changed my mind.
I don't see what would be gained by City coming out with statement after statement, it would just add fuel to the fuel. Plus the press/media would use any statement against us.

We are guilty in most people's eyes so just putting out statement after statement will make zero difference.

I have now adopted the same approach when other fans say shit, I just smile and don't get involved.

Sorry, I wasn't saying statement after statement. PR isn't just statements.

The redshirts have, for example, a lot of their ex players in the media sprouting off on all sorts almost daily.

If any huge company comes under attack with bad press, I don't think they'd just rely on winning a legal case as a way to fight back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.