City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

What puzzles me with this your sponsor can't be from the same country.
The American owners are ruling out all the sponsor from America for their clubs. That's alot of huge companies the American owned clubs can't use. Probably companies that they know well and have worked with before.

The pl is happy to lose all these huge companies from sponsoring teams in the pl.

I just don't understand it, it makes no business sence to me and only see it harming the pl and the football in this country.

American sponsors won't sponsor mid East clubs, mid East clubs won't sponsor American clubs lol. So the field for sponsorship is very small now and well enable the sponsor to drive down the deals.

Talk about destroying your own league. Other European leagues must be rubbing their hands. Soon all the top players, sponsors, tv money is all coming their way.

What puzzles me with this your sponsor can't be from the same country.
The American owners are ruling out all the sponsor from America for their clubs. That's alot of huge companies the American owned clubs can't use. Probably companies that they know well and have worked with before.

The pl is happy to lose all these huge companies from sponsoring teams in the pl.

I just don't understand it, it makes no business sence to me and only see it harming the pl and the football in this country.

American sponsors won't sponsor mid East clubs, mid East clubs won't sponsor American clubs lol. So the field for sponsorship is very small now and well enable the sponsor to drive down the deals.

Talk about destroying your own league. Other European leagues must be rubbing their hands. Soon all the top players, sponsors, tv money is all coming their way.

The PL can decide. They can wave through the American sponsors if they want.

Chelsea sell a hotel and pocket the profits, thus reducing their PSR deficit. This is perfectly legal at the time of the transaction. The PL do not approve it but try to pass a new rule to outlaw this type transaction. No doubt if the PL had won the vote, they would have withheld approval, thus effectively applying a new rule retrospectively.
It’s just bonkers, corrupt even. Maybe no sympathy for Chelsea, but you have to accept that they have pulled off a coup. One in the eye for the redshirts. If this had been one of them, you can bet the PL would have approved the transaction and subsequently tried to outlaw any other club doing the same thing.
Masters “Hi Liverpool and Arsenal, MUFC have sold a hotel to themselves. Do you have any plans to do the same?”
dippers and arse: “Yes.”
Masters:”Get on with it then so afterwards we can stop others doing this.”

What is funny isn't that their rules are so poorly conceived they have to be closing barn doors all the time (that's not funny that is just tragic incompetence), it's that they can't pass a new rule to outlaw it. So the clubs are telling the PL that they can't prevent a loophole that makes a mockery of the PSR rules. What does that tell anyone?

The PL can decide. They can wave through the American sponsors if they want.
Don’t forget this is in relation to associated or related parties to the owners. So no, any US company can sponsor a US owned club unless they are owned by the same people. It’s more complicated in the Gulf as the state has huge ownership and influence over most large companies. The rules just don’t deal with this hence the attempts to shoehorn something potentially illegal in place.

The price of football podcast talked ( at 3min 2 secs in ) about how the PL introduced a temporary ban on sponsorship from same countries as the owner when Newcastle were acquired and then replaced it shortly after by the 2021 rules that are in place until the new rules that city are challenging.

I presume one of city’s issues is the speed to change something mid season only when it is a gulf state owner and not, say, Everton.

Don’t forget this is in relation to associated or related parties to the owners. So no, any US company can sponsor a US owned club unless they are owned by the same people. It’s more complicated in the Gulf as the state has huge ownership and influence over most large companies. The rules just don’t deal with this hence the attempts to shoehorn something potentially illegal in place.

The price of football podcast talked ( at 3min 2 secs in ) about how the PL introduced a temporary ban on sponsorship from same countries as the owner when Newcastle were acquired and then replaced it shortly after by the 2021 rules that are in place until the new rules that city are challenging.

I presume one of city’s issues is the speed to change something mid season only when it is a gulf state owner and not, say, Everton.

Bit but buy we are all related to each other my great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents were Adam and Eve.

"It’s more complicated in the Gulf as the state has huge ownership and influence over most large companies. The rules just don’t deal with this hence the attempts to shoehorn something potentially illegal in place."

Outstanding call , you have just nailed it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.