City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

City's owners don't mess about. I have every belief in Khaldoon. I had the pleasure of briefly meeting him at the League Cup final a few years back , and I made sure I thanked him for what he has done for our club.
I wish some of the shithouses on this thread were behind the club like you are.

Am I being thick, or does this seemingly have no bearing on the 115 charges?

None of the charges relate to the rules we're challenging, because those rules weren't even brought in until years after the most recent of the charges.

The article in the Times tries to link the two, and claims that a victory in this hearing could give us a strong defence for the 115 hearing, but I don't see how?

Even if we managed to get these new rules chucked out as unlawful (big if), and even if we could make the argument that some of the rules we're alleged to have broken are unlawful on the same principle (even bigger if), it wouldn't be a valid justification for breaking them after the fact.

You're correct.

This legal challenge has nothing to do with the 115 charges.

Lawton was just doing as he was told to by whoever leaked it, my guess one of the redshirts or spurs. Although I've seen some saying the PL itself.

If they link this legal challenge with the charges then they can say we're distracting, delaying or getting off on technicalities.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.