City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Yes, to be fair to @jrb, I should try to give a serious answer.

I am no lawyer, but the process as I understand it is that the claimant documents its case, the respondent documents its defence then there is a preliminary hearing at which questions can be asked and other documents can be requested. Then the actual tribunal is scheduled which is when the arbitrators consider the claimant's case and the respondent's defence, and the two parties can question each other's documents and witnesses. Then when the tribunal closes the arbitrators consider their award on their own.

So there are various stages at which the two parties can get a good idea of their positions. At the end of the day, though, you are dealing with three individuals, even if highly professional, so you never know. Hopefully, they won't have been out on the lash the night before they come to their decision.

If it helps, and if I remember correctly, there was only a noticable feel-good atmosphere around the club in the few days before the CAS award was published, probably due to receiving some documents for factual validation. I suspect this will be the same.

So, yes and no. :)

And may all be bollocks, of course.
We don’t know the process in detail but most likely an administrative hearing (directions) was held months ago with no substantive consideration of the case at all so not sure what this refers to above.

The hearing itself happened over the past 2 weeks. Just before KO parties will have filed written skeletons, City will have gone first with openings (then PL would have responded) and City's witnesses (if any) cross examined. Then PL would have put forward their witnesses for cross. Then maybe some experts. Then we’d have submissions/closings. The parties may or may not have a feel which way it’s gone and may or may not have guessed why. Most likely they won’t know for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.