City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

The Associated bit is in my view the nub. An extended Middle Eastern ruling family will have multiple people ‘associated’ with the head of the State in positions of authority and power.
The PL change to move to ‘associated’ created a subtle (and overtly racist in my view) blunt instrument tor the PL to use against us. It’s no wonder we abstained from the vote on its introduction and have taken action.

It’s also no wonder that the PL Chairman chose as part of the ‘associated’ Regs to insert the clause to give themselves immunity from personal prosecution on decisions on sponsorship etc. They knew at the time of the introduction that this would probably come back to bite arses.

Take a look at the attached article from the Athletic (2022) which I remember posting a while back. It shows examples of how ‘associations’ could be used punitively against us. E.g PL decide that ‘they can’t sponsor you coz your daughter / brother/ first cousin is on the Board,’

i have been having fun on twitter with this argument

If our sponsorship deals have been inflated, then haven't they done well out of them. They have sponsored a team that has won the treble, achieved 100 points, won 4 PL TITLES in a row and done the domestic treble, signed marketable superstars and are a global brand. For sponsors that is a win win scenario. They get to associate themselves with success.

Other teams sponsors will have put lots of money into sponsorship deals and seen the team they have sponsored finish mid table with a leaky roof, a crap manager whilst being millions in debt. These sponsors associate themselves with mediocrity and decay.
I said this the other day, the initial Etihad sponsorship deal was for 10 years and while i agree it was inflated and over valued at the beginning when looked at it in yearly isolation, once we won the league in 2012 with the best PL ending ever seen, which was broadcast all over the world, everyone knew our name and our success on and off the pitch took off.
Consequently at the end of the 10 years the deal was so under valued it wasn't even funny.

The thing that i find amazing is that no one in the media has even bothered to recognise that the value for money our sponsors and owner have had over the last 14 years has been staggering and unmatched by any other club in England.
Long may it continue!

I'm all for us going after them all. Let them have it CITY!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.