City lose "unwanted record" to Sheff United

That Alan Ball era.

Brings me out in a cold sweat.

Stoke away and we were all screaming "We want Ball out".

heard so many stories from Ex-Players over the years.

His motivation techniques,involved going in to the dressing room,calling all the players useless cnuts.And showing off his World Cup medal.

Alan Ball can breathe a sigh of relief.....
City had the (joint) worst start to a PL season after 10 games (can't recall who we shared it with and yes I know football didn't start in 1992 before @Corky jumps in) from our 95/96 season.
2 points from 10 games (drew with Spurs 1-1 in the first game and 0-0 v Leeds in the 10th game!)
Today Sheffield United took this unwanted record from City with just one point from 10 games.
Bit selfish of Chris Wilder to take this record all for himself.

That Alan Ball era.

Brings me out in a cold sweat.

Stoke away and we were all screaming "We want Ball out".

heard so many stories from Ex-Players over the years.

His motivation techniques,involved going in to the dressing room,calling all the players useless cnuts.And showing off his World Cup medal.
Quite true, I’m a winner he declared, you are not..! My old man met him and had a chat with him, he reckons he was an arrogant fool...

That’s quite tame coming from Father Death an all :-)

They standardised pitch and even grass lengths 4.5 years ago, bar the clubs with pitches smaller the standard like Liverpool Everton and Chelsea, so not sure what they measure now.
I thought so, but as I said, more than one outlet quoting differing sizes including BBC and Talk Sport (I know :-()

The 1930–31 season was Manchester United's 35th season in the Football League. At the end of the season, United finished last in the league and were relegated to the Second Division, having won just seven games all season and lost all of their opening 12 fixtures.

Apologies not PL

It'll do though.

The 1930–31 season was Manchester United's 35th season in the Football League. At the end of the season, United finished last in the league and were relegated to the Second Division, having won just seven games all season and lost all of their opening 12 fixtures.

Apologies not PL
Wish it was PL

Damn I was proud of that record, it was part of our personality and was one of the symptoms of our beloved "cityitis" :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.