City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

I don’t recall 1 Journalist or 1 article that stated Littlewoods 17 winning game run was over 2 seasons, with a 3 moth break in-between. Let alone the teams they beat compared to the teams City beat.

It's really getting on my tits this talk of equalling our record. Dont records have to be set per season ?
Why would records be allowed to be carried over to another season ?
They had won 8 on the bounce no where nearly our total.
And was it 9 or 10 on the bounce last season.

You dont start the season with last seasons points !!!
No, records would still count if they straddle two seasons but obv the bigger achievement is to do it in the same season and without opposition keepers handing you last minute winners and your strikers flinging themselves on the floor to win dodgy pens.

I don’t recall 1 Journalist or 1 article that stated Littlewoods 17 winning game run was over 2 seasons, with a 3 moth break in-between. Let alone the teams they beat compared to the teams City beat.
Why do you care?

In their run of 17 wins they got lucky on 5 occasions:
  • Fulham (A) - Keeper dropped a rick leading to the penalty that won the game.
  • Spurs (H) - Complete clanger by Spurs defence lead to last minute winner.
  • Newcastle (A) - Award of free kick after Scouser dived lead to the winning goal 4 minutes from time.
  • Sheffield U. (A) - Keeper let ball roll between his legs for only goal of the game.
  • Leicester (H) - Albrighton buggering about led to winning penalty in the 5th minute of added time.
I am fairly sure we did not have as much good fortune as that bunch of tossers did.

Last edited:
We've been much better than them for many seasons but not beaten them at their place.
All these runs or ‘hoodoos’ always come to an end at some point.

We didn’t win a Derby for 14 years, we didn’t win at the Swamp for decades, we didn’t win at Arsenal for decades, we always seemed to lose to Boro and struggled at Goodison for a good while... there’s one left - Anfield.

It’s time that one was thrown in the bin n’all and I do have a bit of a feeling about us going there and winning next month!

It's really getting on my tits this talk of equalling our record. Dont records have to be set per season ?

Not really, no.

Arsenal’s 49 league game unbeaten run was over two seasons, the European record for longest unbeaten run across all competitions was over two seasons which was 48 set by Benfica, and the European record for most consecutive wins is 29 set by Benfica was also over two seasons.

However, they should have an asterisk next to them if they are over two seasons.

Don't you remember last season sky kept saying us and the Scousers are on a 20 game unbeaten run when in reality we'd won 12 and they'd won 8 at the time?
Absolute shithouses the press, so wide of the mark with facts and fuckin hate us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.