City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

those that would dismiss their record if they make it, definitely would not dismiss our if we won the first 6 games and already made it. You guys are going full Dippers on this one.

Yep. Fair play to them if they do it. It puts what an achievement last year was into perspective. I'm all for the rivalry, but acknowledging how good they are is better for us.

Considering they've had a nice 2 month break inbetween, I wouldn't consider it on a par with our record.
Nice record for them, though.

Exactly. It's comparing apples and oranges. It's a fine achievement in its own right and I would certainly have regarded it as another, but different and inferior, record if we had done the same over two seasons with a 2 month break to recuperate in the middle.

I don't see why those two positions can't be tenable at the same time.

A lot of bitterness on here. If they win the next 4 games they have beaten our record. If they do fair play to them. Congratulat them and move on.

Still ifs and buts atm though. 4 tough games to go.

Yep, don’t see how anyone can make an arguement from it. If they win 19 games in a row, regardless if it’s over 2 seasons, then they’ve beat our record.

It’s like winning the tennis grand slam in one year, compated winning over two years. Totally different.

Yep, don’t see how anyone can make an arguement from it. If they win 19 games in a row, regardless if it’s over 2 seasons, then they’ve beat our record.
Our record is 18 in one season,the media are saying they will break our record so they can say city are not all that,it's not our record they will be breaking as it is not the same at all

If a team won every game in one season, and then won the first 10 games of the next season, would people say they won 38 in a row, or 48 in a row?

I’m all for bigging us up and putting them down (for reasons too numerous to mention!), but let’s not be Rags about it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.