City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

The record is noted as 18 consecutive wins, not 18 consecutive wins in one season.
when arsenal went unbeaten, their tally didn’t stop at 38 games, it’s in the record books as 49 games unbeaten, If the scousers do it, they’ve bettered our record. If people want to cling on to 18 wins in a single season as a separate record that’s fine but it becomes an inferior record.

I remember reading shitloads of post on here how posters wanted to break our own record and were gutted that we were robbed v Spurs. I was one of them. I can't even believe theres a fuckin debate about it. Any fan of any club would claim a consecutive win record over two seasons or one.

So I'll ask on here to the ones who just can't except it, if we won 21 consecutive games over two seasons and the Scousers won 20 in one season.

Hand on heart would you come on here and argue that the scousers hold the record?

Couldnt care less what records they break. The only thing that counts is the league table on May 18, 2020.

5 point lead or nothing - I am confident if we take 4pts (or more) off them like last season, we will be top of the tree again.

I remember reading shitloads of post on here how posters wanted to break our own record and were gutted that we were robbed v Spurs. I was one of them. I can't even believe theres a fuckin debate about it. Any fan of any club would claim a consecutive win record over two seasons or one.

So I'll ask on here to the ones who just can't except it, if we won 21 consecutive games over two seasons and the Scousers won 20 in one season.

Hand on heart would you come on here and argue that the scousers hold the record?

Spot on

The record is noted as 18 consecutive wins, not 18 consecutive wins in one season.
when arsenal went unbeaten, their tally didn’t stop at 38 games, it’s in the record books as 49 games unbeaten, If the scousers do it, they’ve bettered our record. If people want to cling on to 18 wins in a single season as a separate record that’s fine but it becomes an inferior record.

Not sure about that. 18 wins in a row in one season almost guarantee the title that season. 18 consecutive wins over two seasons guarantee feck all.

I'd say a record of consecutive wins in a single season is superior to one over two seasons as it is more likely to win you something.

Imagine the dippers win 20 in a row over two seasons and finish both seasons empty-handed. That record wouldn't mean much to them or to anybody. It would be just a stat that would be more likely to involve bitter memories than sweet ones. A record without a title to show for it weighs little.

Also Aguero has scored in last seven games. Six this season and one last season. Vardy currently holds the record at 11 games. If Aguero beats the record will you say it doesn't count as it's over two seasons?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.