City Matters and Kharkiv

Do you think we might of had a few more going to Kharkiv if there was loyalty points for attending
Its a lot more to do with short notice imho.

I'd have gone if it had been say 3rd game of the group, I really enjoyed it when I went the first time, but this early I've no chance to rearrange my life to go, "loyalty points" wouldn't have come into my thoughts, and never has for any away game, only whether or not I'm eligible for a ticket, and I'd hardly struggle to get to this one, even if 3rd or 4th game.

Can I just clarify my original maybe slightly flippant post - I’m off on Tuesday , it’ll be my 5th time to Ukraine , all the previous games we’ve had 6/700 fans there roughly , this time I’ve heard there may be as few as 150 . Now I was questioning if we still had the points scheme would we have got a few more going( a FEW I don’t mean the 500 short fall ) or even for matches like this offer extra points . I’ve not missed a match for a few years but this season I might give a far flung LC away or cup replay a miss ( would never miss a euro away - love ‘em too much) as there’s no incentive to get the points to keep your place on the ladder

Loyalty points were an extra incentive to go the extra yard, otherwise why introduce them, it's recognition and reward for supporting the team, remove the incentive and you remove some motivation. Anyone travelling to the Ukraine is bloody dedicated and has made sacrifices, and that's the bit that those who moan about not getting Utd away don't and will never understand

To give my personal situation.

I've been to Kiev and kharkiv for our last two trips to Ukraine. I'm not going this time, primarily because of short notice but also in a way albeit indirectly because of loyalty points.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I only go to a game to get loyalty points, I've missed 4 away games in all competitions over the last 3 seasons however last season for example there were probably 2 or 3 games I really could have done with missing due to personal circumstances however I went as I wanted the points, due to the fact I wasn't prepared to risk falling behind and missing out on future games, bournemouth for example where I was just sneaking in with enough points last season.
Due to the change in rules this season I can now pick n choose games knowing that I'm not going to fall behind In the pecking order.
Ill still go to most, indeed I'm writing this on my way to Norwich, however those few games last season which I went to but could of done with missing I can now give someone else a chance to go knowing they will never catch me up unless there's another rule change.
Therefore I'd say this rule change actually benefits those with high points knowing they won't be caught even if they now miss a game or two.
Personally I think it's very short sighted to scrap loyalty points, all due to a points whore myth that has never been backed up with any actual evidence.
It actually benefits me and I'm against it, it may give a few people the chance to get to a game or two but if it was me on 15/16000 points I'd be fuming knowing that no matter what games I go to I'm never going to legitametly earn the right to be going to a bournemouth/united/Liverpool away

I've been to Kiev and kharkiv for our last two trips to Ukraine. I'm not going this time, primarily because of short notice but also in a way albeit indirectly because of loyalty points.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I only go to a game to get loyalty points, I've missed 4 away games in all competitions over the last 3 seasons however last season for example there were probably 2 or 3 games I really could have done with missing due to personal circumstances however I went as I wanted the points, due to the fact I wasn't prepared to risk falling behind and missing out on future games, bournemouth for example where I was just sneaking in with enough points last season.
Due to the change in rules this season I can now pick n choose games knowing that I'm not going to fall behind In the pecking order.
Ill still go to most, indeed I'm writing this on my way to Norwich, however those few games last season which I went to but could of done with missing I can now give someone else a chance to go knowing they will never catch me up unless there's another rule change.
Therefore I'd say this rule change actually benefits those with high points knowing they won't be caught even if they now miss a game or two.
Personally I think it's very short sighted to scrap loyalty points, all due to a points whore myth that has never been backed up with any actual evidence.
It actually benefits me and I'm against it, it may give a few people the chance to get to a game or two but if it was me on 15/16000 points I'd be fuming knowing that no matter what games I go to I'm never going to legitametly earn the right to be going to a bournemouth/united/Liverpool away

That hits the nail on the head.

Agree with that but I Carnt understand why more people who paid and wasted all that money o.platinuim to end up mid points arnt asking City for their money back. I would be straight down citezens advice

Agree with that but I Carnt understand why more people who paid and wasted all that money o.platinuim to end up mid points arnt asking City for their money back. I would be straight down citezens advice

We may be derailing the thread but to answer your question why Platinum aren't marching on Citizens Advice; I am in all the cup schemes and a season ticket holder so if I am a Platinum member will get double the points a lowly oik will get so moving me away from him . The lowly oik may do every single away match but he will never catch me and that is my beef. It is not loyalty points, they could have stayed, it is the club separating fans and not rewarding loyalty that pisses me off.

We may be derailing the thread but to answer your question why Platinum aren't marching on Citizens Advice; I am in all the cup schemes and a season ticket holder so if I am a Platinum member will get double the points a lowly oik will get so moving me away from him . The lowly oik may do every single away match but he will never catch me and that is my beef. It is not loyalty points, they could have stayed, it is the club separating fans and not rewarding loyalty that pisses me off.
I would guess the lads at the top are all on Platinum too. Dosnt matter how many games you do the points ladder is now effectively a closed shop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.