“City Matters” fan committee

Yeah I agree the current system isn't helping anyone really.

The current system helps people who go home and away week in week out and have done for years; it rewards long term loyalty and commitment - neither of which are easy.

It certainly isn't helping you, which is the entire thrust of all your arguments on this subject.

The reasons you fell behind are legitimate (real life trumps football every time) and I'm sure 99% of posters on here would respect your choices, but they were your choices and the current system doesn't need modifying to help you get to away games.

And you just want a system that makes sure you and your family get tickets every time so stop accusing others of looking after their own interests.

And you just want a system that makes sure you and your family get tickets every time so stop accusing others of looking after their own interests.

Doesn't have to be an illness, work patterns change, any personal problems, etc etc.

You crack on supporting Id checks.

Oh and just out of curiosity have you ever done the very thing this topic is about, given or sold your away ticket due to not being able to go?

Tickets can be returned to the Club up to a week before the fixture (unless you got your ticket with your Supporters Club).

I go to virtually every game but there is the odd occasion when I’ve sold a ticket over the years . If the Club changed their systems so that I could no longer fo this then I would live with it. Anything than let touts prosper.

Im not particularly for or against the checks suggested but I think that measure alone (on a small sample of Blues at each Away game) would address a lot of people concerns in this thread. Btw I’m not particularly against the current system but the Tommy Cooks idea is pretty good, on balance.

I'll bet that the overwhelming majority of supporters club members who get tickets through their branch use them to attend a game rather than passing them on. To me, that's a ticket going to where it should.
What a load of bollocks
You are advocating supporters getting tickets through attending meetings over supporters on the loyalty scheme

I've got 10k points and I'm also recently an OSC member. If I get a ticket I'm happy and if I don't I'm not bothered. The system that would personally suit me best is a general ballot but that's not something that would reward those who have been going to away games for years. So I don't support away tickets going to a general ballot.

What a load of bollocks
You are advocating supporters getting tickets through attending meetings over supporters on the loyalty scheme
Personally I was surprised that as many as 20% go to the OSC and I suspect they won't be thrilled that this information is in the public domain. That's something for the club and OSC to sort out.

People rightly complain about people keeping their points up by buying tickets they don't use and pass on. I know at least 10 people who regularly benefit by going to away games on tickets supplied by others, some I suspect in hospitality. But I know they're all diehard Blues who are using those tickets rather than touts.

If we had a system whereby every away ticket went to loyalty points then a game that sold out at 16k points might get to 14k. But that means anyone with less would never have a chance of a ticket. So I'm not going to lose too much sleep over a system whereby a genuine fan has a chance of a ticket on their own account. Many branches have a fair system in place as oakiecokie made clear. If people know about abuses then they should contact Kevin Parker and/or the club. I know they have acted in the past.

Personally I was surprised that as many as 20% go to the OSC and I suspect they won't be thrilled that this information is in the public domain. That's something for the club and OSC to sort out.

People rightly complain about people keeping their points up by buying tickets they don't use and pass on. I know at least 10 people who regularly benefit by going to away games on tickets supplied by others, some I suspect in hospitality. But I know they're all diehard Blues who are using those tickets rather than touts.
If people know about abuses then they should contact Kevin Parker and/or the club. I know they have acted in the past.

Do you think you should be contacting the club then regarding those 10 fans you know where tickets are passed on to them?

Im loathed to get involved in this debate as i dont get to games much these days but in the past, i was home and away and for the away games you didn't qualify for there was always the local OSC who you made sure you where well in with.

Its always been that way as they get plenty of tickets, especially the big ones and they give some of them out to people who dont often deserve, especially the bigger games.

I dont see why that will have changed of late and the figure quoted of 20% of tickets going to them is a joke given the cash and effort many put in to following us away from home and when you add corporate and partners, some of the big games now and you can see it on the tv are full of day trippers who wont have been to a single game all season and kids who there is no way on earth qualify on points.

The system is broke but it has always been that way.

There's a lot of people on here who haven't got a clue about how the ticket system works for away matches
There are a limited number of junior tickets for any away match which can be purchased by any adult buying a ticket
They are normally available for the first 3 days of sales
That's why you see kids at the match
Why is that people who don't go very often want to post in a topic about away tickets ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.