“City Matters” fan committee

What an interesting discussion As somebody who queued up outside Maine Road at 4 am for an Halifax away ticket I have to say things are a fair bit better than they were back in those days. Our away support back then was at times pitiful as well. 500 at Spurs was a good turnout, same at Chelsea and other away games too. There was a couple of hundred of us at Southend away for a league cup second round match. Hull away in the Full Members cup was a couple of hundred too. The problem is not that there are too few tickets nowadays its that grounds are too small. All seater stadiums have played their part and pay on the gate has gone. I have seen us on well over 100 grounds now, been to all 3 CL aways this season but have less than 500 loyalty points. I couldn't get a ticket for home games last season at times never mind aways. I have not got a ticket for Liverpool at home BTW if anybody feels sorry for me.

I tried 3 times to get a ticket for Fulham in the cup but our ticket office is useless and I didn't bother. The ticket office is useless and needs a huge overhaul.

As for showing ID to get away tickets that would be the end for me, apart from it being Orwellian in its scope ask any one who queued in the rain at Celtic or endured the farce at that hotel in Paris if they think its a good idea and im sure not one will agree that ID is the way forward.

A concern of mine is that if OSC branches don't get tickets then we will see the end of many branches. The cheap travel they offer will go and it will be everyman for himself getting there and that makes it expensive and will price out fans on lesser incomes. I went to Watford because our branch ran a coach, if they hadn't I wouldn't have gone as I could not afford it, it would have meant train and an overnight stay, which is out of my price range. If you want the wealthy to have all the tickets then scrap the branch allocation and that is what will happen.

The one way of increasing away allocations is to return to safe standing as that will increase the capacity of grounds and make tickets more available. Of course not everyone will happy, we are football fans and we like a moan.

For the big fight in Leicester BetRascal is going 5/4 PB , 11/10 Squirty and 4/6 the draw with damaged handbags. I have tickets available for the big fight, apply at FUNDRASCALSBEERMONEY.COM
You sure it’s not lower case. I can’t seem to find it?

For the big fight in Leicester BetRascal is going 5/4 PB , 11/10 Squirty and 4/6 the draw with damaged handbags. I have tickets available for the big fight, apply at FUNDRASCALSBEERMONEY.COM
Tenner on PB.

Will we need id for tomorrow despite it not being sold out, and if and when they scrap platinum, will those who have paid hundreds of pounds into it get refunds, obviously city will be accused of mis selling a product with the lure of away tickets.

The biggest crime is the on average 450 away tickets going to hospitality, often resulting especially in London non city fans in the away end, if the forum want to focus their efforts, target these tickets, but no doubt they are the ones that make the club money, so won't even be debated.

Are we also aiming to make all those loyalty points earnt in the dark days worthless, often within a reduced allocation, and at far greater cost than 30 quid, when success was nothing more than a remote dream

Last edited:
The minutes for the first meeting are up on the club website (although I can only see them on my phone and not on my computer at the moment). The club were told it wasn't acceptable for these to be delayed so long so we've agreed that the minutes of meetings will in future be online by the Friday of the week following the meeting. As we had a meeting last night, the next set should be up by close of play next Friday.

The main subjects discussed were ticket points & the North Stadium redevelopment. The latter's been discussed at length and the Focus Groups & email surveys have been done so there's nothing to be gained in talking about that here. We had a wide-ranging discussions on ticket points and presented a number of options to the club. There were a number of areas we felt needed to be addressed:
  1. People buying tickets for the points then passing them on, meaning it wasn't a fair process. The club said the average selling out level was around 12.5k points but a few games had gone much lower.
  2. Because of the above, we felt that 18-25 year-olds were among the worst group affected as they had little chance to catch up those on higher points.
  3. We felt the points system still had some merit but we needed to look at how it could be amended as the current system just encouraged abuses.
  4. We weren't in favour of a general ballot as there were a number of disadvantages to that system.
  5. We also questioned the Platinum scheme, on the grounds that it was divisive and a very cheap way to accumulate extra points and was part of the problem of people buying tickets they don't intend to use. We asked for it to be discontinued.
  6. We talked about European aways and how people booking the official Thomas Cook package weren't always sure they'd get tickets., causing problems and unneccesary expense later down the line if they didn't get a ticket. Our view was that anyone applying for the TC travel package should get a ticket on a first-come, first-served basis regardless of points.
The club gave us some data which people may well find interesting:
  • The breakdown of away tickets (assuming a 3000 allocation) is as follows: 60% go to points holders via normal sale, 20% to OSC's, 15% to Hospitality & 5% internal
  • There are just under 5000 seasoncard holders in the 18-25 age range
  • There are 27,000 Gold & 13,000 Platinum seasoncard holders
The actions we asked the club to consider were:
  • Abolish points for away games, meaning there was less incentive to buy away tickets.
  • Introduce a random ID check for a subset of fans who had bought away tickets to ensure they were the ones using them.
  • Introduce a ballot involving a limited number of away tickets for 18-25 year olds.
  • Make some adjustments to the points system to flatten it out while still ensuring that the people at the top who were regular away-game attendees weren't disadvantaged.
Thoughts?

Edit: here's a link that should work https://www.mancity.com/fans-and-community/club/city-matters/meetings-and-actions

Agree with most of this. I advocated stopping points for away games a few years ago and we should increase them for games like the forthcoming FAC home game to encourage more take up. 5000 young ST holders is a worry. Would have no problem with TC customers getting away tickets either.

Just an observation.

Not pointing the finger or complaining.

But I still can’t work out how young kids or teenagers get away tickets if the only way to get an away ticket is via loyalty points.

Hmmm.

Sorry, corporate, players, staff, ticket sites, etc.

Let’s be honest, there is no perfect way to regulate away ticket sales. One way or another they can be got and bought if you know the right people. Once the ticket leaves the club, there is nothing the club can do about where the ticket ends up and who buys it.

Last edited:
Just an observation.

But I still can’t work out how young kids or teenagers get away tickets if the only way to get an away ticket is via loyalty points.

Hmmm.

Let’s be honest, there is no perfect way to regulate away ticket sales. One way or another they can be got and bought if you know the right people. Once the ticket leaves the club, there is nothing the club can do about where the ticket ends up and who buys it.

kids get tickets with qualifying adults for a limited period, always have done

Maybe city should have a look first who is selling tickets on to secondary ticket sites that are then sold on to day trippers for £100s denying genuine fans .maybe they dont want too ?
Rightly or wrongly people passing tickets on usually pay face value and its a genuine blue sat in the seat

Just an observation.

Hmmm.

Not sure how many are allocated for juniors who can get a ticket with the qualifying adult now but I never seemed to struggle getting tickets for me and my lad when he was a junior. This I think is a great idea to get kids to games. You are right though I can't think of any perfect solution to this and I wonder if the lads representing the fans now wonder if it's worth the hassle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.