“City Matters” fan committee

From an outsiders point of view I don't think PB is "feathering his own nest" at all. He's in an impossible position of hearing all sides of the story and trying to balance them.

I'll stop short of a Teresa May comparison, but he's in a very difficult position and I appreciate what he, and others, are doing.

Please explain how I'm feathering my own nest? You keep saying this but the only games I've gone to are games where I've had enough points on my own card when it's gone down to my level. I've not been to the swamp for 30 years. I've not been to Anfield for about 7 or 8 years. I last got a ticket for Spurs when we lost 4-1 I think. My last visit to the Emirates was 2011. So far this season I've done Cardiff & will be at Leicester tonight.

Not only that but you were one of the people who made a powerful argument against a general ballot that I accepted and supported. That could have negatively impacted you potentially and helped me so you of all people should know that self-interest is not a factor with me. And while we've had the conversation about supporters' clubs on many occasions and we both know there are some abuses, on the whole I don't think it's a terrible system overall as it allows genuine fans to go to matches mostly.

Your ire should be directed at seasonal hospitality customers who get a far higher proportion of tickets pro rata than any other group.
My issue surrounds the allocation of tickets to the fans, the one the fans forum was set up to listen to. Not as another mouthpiece for the Supporters Club to defend, or increase, their allocation.
Like you I was surprised that the SC allocation was 20% and the hospitality was 15%.
When enquiries were made about this several years ago the club said it was 10% for both groups.
Since then there has been an increase in corporate seats.
Both the hospitality and SC have had their allocations increased. Where do you think this has come from, as I don’t see the players giving up theirs.
As always it’s the ones with ‘no voice’ who get shafted. The ones who have gone home and away regularly, regardless of how good we were, the opposition, how far it is or what day it is.
And now, whilst I agree with the idea, they are the ones being shafted again to increase the attendance of 16-25 year olds. So from an allocation of 80% going to ticket points holders it will soon be around half. Whilst remembering that SC also have members in the ‘ticket points holders’ group, some of whom rarely go but get the tickets, points whores you call them. Except you didn’t as you posted that you think it’s ok for the SC to pass on the tickets from those who don’t go but have got tickets through their points to SC members. How is that not points whoring, by you definition?

Instead of the continual squeeze on the independent fan why not move it somewhere else. Well that won’t happen will it as ‘no one messes with the SC allocation’, apart from themselves of course.

If we want to increase 16-25 year olds who go to away games, however random that age group has been chosen, then why not do it in the following way?
The SC could give up 5% of their allocation to 16-25 year olds as a priority. The person would have to be a member of the SC (possibly boosting membership) to receive a priority ticket for their age group. It also ensures the ticket goes to the right person and not passed on to someone else. The 16-25 is known to both City and the SC for security and tracking, increases SC numbers and gets them involved with fellow match going blues.
Without something like this in place how would you stop the priority tickets being passed on to people out of that age group?

Currently the system is has shifted from independent fans over the last five years and the proposal is to shaft them even further. As some of the age group will already be in a SC and so that gives them an even bigger slice of the pie.

Looking at Bournemouth away we get 1400 tickets
70 to the players/club? No way, it will be based on requests not percentage
210 to hospitality
280 to Supporters Clubs

Leaving 840 to people on ‘ticket points’. Of which a lot of them will be in a SC who buy their ticket and pass it on if the member is not going. Which probably leaves about 400 to independent fans. Not exactly the 60% quoted.

Last edited:
Where were all the “thousands” of Blues who struggle to get away tickets tonight? The reality is that we didn’t sell out our end. I guess there weren’t many Corporates today but there was a big following from the Supporters Clubs. I loved tonight’s game btw.

Why are the Supporters Club haters so opposed to ID checks?

I would like to see Corporate allocations reduced and I have no problem with the same happening for SCs also. One problem with this as a panacea for the anti supporter club brigade if that if points required went lower then the majority of people picking up tickets through their points would be SC members because of all the games they’ve been to.

Where were all the “thousands” of Blues who struggle to get away tickets tonight? The reality is that we didn’t sell out our end. I guess there weren’t many Corporates today but there was a big following from the Supporters Clubs. I loved tonight’s game btw.

I would like to see Corporate allocations reduced and I have no problem with the same happening for SCs also. One problem with this as a panacea for the anti supporter club brigade if that if points required went lower then the majority of people picking up tickets through their points would be SC members because of all the games they’ve been to.

First off WELL DONE.
City win a quarter final and the first thing you do is have a moan at the fans.

As I’m the one who has posted most about SC allocations I’m guessing your post was aimed at me.
However as we know one another you know I go to more games than you, so your tirade falls on deaf ears.
Previously you have posted that the SC ‘take up the slack’. Clearly not tonight though.

Who said the “Supporters Club haters are opposed to ID checks”?
More fake news from the largest group who control the distribution of tickets trying to disparage others whilst protecting their racket.

I can speak only for myself, shame you and others can’t, but the only reason I’m against ID checks is i don’t want to be treated like a corralled sheep and pushed from pillar to post to collect something I’ve paid for when I could actually be doing something useful with my spare time. (Take a look at the Celtic collection thread to see how real people feel about being treated so badly. Did you get yours in advance?). If you want that from life then crack on, just don’t expect everyone else to tug their forelock and say ‘yes master’.

If sales go to lower points and these are picked up then by Supporters club members than there’s no problem surely.
The issue is when you all know your allocation for Huddersfield, announced last Thursday, whilst the rest of the rabble can’t even buy until Monday at the earliest.
How on Earth do they already know at what point it will sell out out if you’ve already got you allocation?
Ah I know why. Because now you can work out how many you will be short of and then buy them through the ‘normal’ system like the rest of us mugs to add to your 20% already received.

Last edited:
I have 1 spare for Tiuesday. I can meet in Leicester. Thanks

Surely not one of your saintly SC members?
Maybe you have charged the wrong people with not turning up tonight?

The ticket system thread on here is a fantastic source of material. Really annoying problems that proper match-going fans are having. I'm going to whinge till they start getting it right.

This was on the first page Colin.

And yet neither the minutes nor the Agenda reflect this issue that affects all fans who go to games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.