“City Matters” fan committee

Okay let’s look at this from another angle, the Club.

What interest do they have in away ticket sales/allocation? They can use the tickets as incentives to corporate packages with add on such as meals and legends, for away matches or give opportunities to home corporate packages as incentive to purchase these. Also sell to tour operators who market them to none UK based fans either on there own or as part of a tour/hotel package. All of this brings in extra revenue.

So, what about sales to supporters via the points system? No incentive what so ever, other than keeping them quiet, and filling the allocation on those midweek games they can’t package to corporate. Oh, wait a minute we could get them to pay for extra points [platinum] on a system that’s rigged against them anyway. The Club seems to be using the old tactic of ‘Keep the rats hungry in the barrel, and they will fight amongst themselves, not realising what we are doing.’

The Club see the Loyalty [ticket] points system as nothing more than an administration nightmare, it will be gone within five years unless we do something.

Any reduction to the percentage proportion of ticket allocation should come from the corporate/club allocation not the loyalty points allocation?

Who is fighting this corner?
Not city matters for a start
All im seeing is osc and regular matchday away lads being targeted .and the corporate hospitality lads been givern a free run ?
And some bonkers plan for the 18=25 group

Not city matters for a start
All im seeing is osc and regular matchday away lads being targeted .and the corporate hospitality lads been givern a free run ?
And some bonkers plan for the 18=25 group

So, Ticketing and away allocation and ticket points are not City matters? There was me thinking they had been the on the agenda of the past two meetings.

The big question is why are we still allowing a Supporters club allocation? Just add their percentage to the points allocation.
There is no argument for 'we want tickets together' Friends and family' on the ticket site covers that.
Oh the other argument, 'we will not be able to sort transport' what a load of rubbish, how many tickets do you get in your allocation? 5, 10, 20, 30, or 40 You don't all need to go on one 'BIG' coach.
we should ALL Use the points system, with the club introducing a ticket verification of points holder at point of use.
The current SC allocation is being used to get around the points system, and there is no excuse for it.

Absolutely spot on. Anyone arguing anything different is doing so for self interest and to circumvent fairness.. end of!

Okay let’s look at this from another angle, the Club.

What interest do they have in away ticket sales/allocation? They can use the tickets as incentives to corporate packages with add on such as meals and legends, for away matches or give opportunities to home corporate packages as incentive to purchase these. Also sell to tour operators who market them to none UK based fans either on there own or as part of a tour/hotel package. All of this brings in extra revenue.

So, what about sales to supporters via the points system? No incentive what so ever, other than keeping them quiet, and filling the allocation on those midweek games they can’t package to corporate. Oh, wait a minute we could get them to pay for extra points [platinum] on a system that’s rigged against them anyway. The Club seems to be using the old tactic of ‘Keep the rats hungry in the barrel, and they will fight amongst themselves, not realising what we are doing.’

The Club see the Loyalty [ticket] points system as nothing more than an administration nightmare, it will be gone within five years unless we do something.

Any reduction to the percentage proportion of ticket allocation should come from the corporate/club allocation not the loyalty points allocation?

Who is fighting this corner?

This post is bang on.
The focus seems mainly to be about looking at abuses to the away tickets problem but mainly aimed at the ticket points 60% and not at the supporter clubs and hospitality. The club need to be far more open and transparent about how they allocate tickets to those other two groups and why they do it.

Once tickets are taken away from the 60%, they won't ever be given back and then, quite possibly in a few years time, they'll feel empowered enough to take more away. If the 150 or so tickets aren't taken up by the kids, the club might feel they could cut that allocation further and give them to corporates.

The club are pushing the corporate market very hard these days. If that market gives them far more money than 'ordinary' fans, then they'll keep pushing that and taking away from ordinary fans.

And we'll end up with fans fighting with each other when the problem is actually coming from the club. We shouldn't be fighting with each other about how to split the current allocation but fighting with the club as to how we can get allocations away from corporate,

So, Ticketing and away allocation and ticket points are not City matters? There was me thinking they had been the on the agenda of the past two meetings.
Ticketing and away allocation have been on the agenda I was agreeing with you why the corporate hospitality were been giving a free pass in these discussions I thought ?

FAO Prestwich Blue (or any other forum members if you're on here)
Prob unfair that this gets directed to you, you're the only forum member around and fair play to you for responding and engaging.

Would you be prepared to bring up at the next meeting some of the points made in this thread re the away tickets issue?
Obviously we can't quantify the levels of support for opinions held across the fan base from this thread so I accept there's a bit of guesswork here!

But....

I think that a fair sized percentage of away fans would like the following to be raised with the club

1. More away ticket availability for younger/newer fans is prob a good idea (though I see on here not all agree). Why can't this dedicated allocation be spread across all 3 current groups that get access to tickets (SC, corporate, points holders).

2. Would the club be prepared to detail how many tickets corporate holders get access to for games, how many per corporate etc? They released info re points holders not using those Shaktar tickets they'd bought so they are obviously willing to divulge info for some supporter groupings.

3. Is there any appetite for looking at Supporter Club allocations and if they should have to include some proof of points qualification to get tickets? Or even for the club to just release some info on how this all works to provide some transparency? After years of reading threads on here re SC and tickets I'm still not sure how it works from branch to branch!

In general I feel that everyone knows everything about the points holder process (and it's failings) but the other 2 groups that get tickets are still somewhat in the shadows and are not being looked at.
If there are to be changes (fair enough) can we have transparency re all 3 groups allocations and a sharing of the changes to allocations over all 3 groups.

Ta.
1) That was the offer on the table and we took it. From my point of view the younger fans are still ST holders so the group I represent aren’t losing out overall but I’d prefer those 150 to have come straight ‘off the top’ so that ST holders only “lose” 60% of that 150, meaning there’s effectively a net gain to ST holders of 60 tickets. On the other hand, stopping giving points for away games (apart from those that don’t sell out to ST holders) and ID checks should mean more tickets are actually going to people who want them.

2) Officially it’s 1 per customer but I doubt they strictly enforce that. You could easily imagine a couple in the Tunnel Club asking for 4, maybe because they’re staying with friends on the South Coast and want to take those friends to our game at Bournemouth, and getting them. Money talks sadly but the number of tickets going to hospitality ST holders is far out of proportion to their numbers. 250 out of a 3k allocation seems more than enough.

3) I believe, just by the fact that they’ve finally released the data on allocations (which they've refused to do previously) that there’s an appetite for looking at everything. The club clearly believe there’s a problem as this is an issue they’ve put on the table, not us.

The SC issue has been done to death on here but branches get an allocation and each has a different method for distributing those. Mine uses a ballot, some do it on a points system based on attendance at meetings, others say if you had one for the last match you can’t have one for the next but they need to submit a supporter number for each ticket they get.

Someone else mentioned the club should buy tickets off the secondary sites to trace them. I’d be surprised if they haven’t been doing that and that’s part of the reason they’ve put the issue on the table. I also suspect there have been issues at away games where the person involved isn’t the person who originally bought the ticket. As I said earlier, my personal opinion is that the points system and SC allocation were designed in an earlier era for different reasons. The seasonal hospitality issue is a new one which affects things.

In my working life I’ve seen this loads of times where organisations have old processes that met a need years ago but where the need has changed and/or the process is simply outdated or been changed piecemeal. If I was an external consultant advising the club I’d start by telling them to work out what their issues were with the current system and what overall objectives did they have as regards ticketing. Then start from there. It may well be that the points system, with a few tweaks, is fit for purpose. My impression of the club so far is that they tend to not act if they can’t find a perfect solution to a problem but, when they do act, they often don’t execute well. Hopefully we’ll help them with both these things.

I wonder where they would stand legally with scrapping platinum? It was sold as a carrot to those of us who were in the ‘higher points’ Brackets 8/9 years ago to ensure we kept up our place in the pecking order as a type of insurance policy. As things were starting to look up. I was also offered Superbia which I declined!!!!
This was long before Tunnel Club, Joes, 93-20 when we didn’t usually sellout at aways, and never at home unless it was the rags
Prob cost me personally £400-£450 extra since it came in and we as a family we have 4 season cards, 3 of which are platinum, one was bought when they built the extension so it was only worth going gold. (I pay for the lot)
Surely a solicitor could drive a bus through that it could be the next PPI scandal

Just a thought ?

Great attitude from the seasoncard rep that is.

Yep it's 150 for PL games but let's not forget you've agreed to hand over another 100 for Euro aways. All of those come from the pot available to those you're supposed to represent.

You've seen the general opinion towards the proposals. You've chosen to ignore and now insult.
You've emailed me, you've harrased me on Twitter and you're doing it on here. Give it a rest eh?

All those tickets I've "agreed to give away" are going to seasoncard holders, who I represent. And by longer term actions to minimise abuses, hopefully we'll get more tickets or at least ensure they go to more people in the points system than being sold on which will help those currently missing out.

In 2 years time, when there's another set of elections, how about you put yourself forward? But you won't do that as you'll have to make potentially unpopular decisions and take stick for it, whereas it's much easier to snipe from the sidelines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.