“City Matters” fan committee

We'll look at it from all sides but I don't consider half a dozen posters on Bluemoon, some of whom have vested interests in ID checks not being implemented, "a lot of resentment".

I also have to consider the views of those on 13/14/15k points, who would undoutedly benefit from them.

People can't say "tickets should go to points holders" while objecting to measures that try to ensure that they do.
I am one of those in the points bracket you mention but I’m still against something coming in . As it stands I get to plenty of away games as a lot have gone down to low or no points and those that haven’t I wouldn’t stand a chance in hell of getting anyway , those that do get tickets for the big games deserve them and if I had been as committed as them then maybe I would have the points they have but I had other things that were more pressing than football unfortunately.But why should I be forced to carry id around when it’s not a law in this country to do so ?
Also by doing away with points for away games how is anyone supposed to catch up those that are presently above us ? All Sc holders will be getting the same amount of points if that happens so there is no movement on the ladder except if you buy points through platinum ,something the club is no doubt keen to continue.

I’m just above those points and I’m all for ID checks. As I said earlier in the thread you could see from when it was introduced before when the points came right down for European aways that it’s needed and works. Organisation at Celtic was always going to be difficult but that shouldn’t put it off. I don’t think the proposal is to ID everyone so this will reduce the long queues etc

The focus (after Celtic) should have been on making the collection process work properly, instead the club just abandoned it rather than address the issues.

We'll look at it from all sides but I don't consider half a dozen posters on Bluemoon, some of whom have vested interests in ID checks not being implemented, "a lot of resentment".

I also have to consider the views of those on 13/14/15k points, who would undoutedly benefit from them.

People can't say "tickets should go to points holders" while objecting to measures that try to ensure that they do.
As someone who doesn’t believe in ID checks I can only assume you are including me in your slurs.
I’ve been to all the games that required ID, Kiev, Paris, Madrid, Bucharest and it’s timely demise in Glasgow.
I don’t believe either you or some of the others posting on here in favour of the the ID checks have the full house.
For each game it was an inconvenience, and for all them a fair track to ensure I had my tickets to hand.
My daughter nearly missed the Celtic game as she drove up straight after work and then spent time faffing around getting her ticket, City wouldn’t allow me to collect it for her, of course, although corporate could.

My issue, which you responded to with a guffaw, is you defending the move towards us losing yet more freedom for football fans. You may be ok with losing yours, I’m not ok with you or anyone else giving up mine as you haven’t earned the right.

However you have made up your mind to go ahead with it as it’s something you always wanted, regardless of whether the removal of points would work instead. Most people would wait to see if the simple measure worked before agreeing to introducing a draconian one.

My last word on it as you get posters haranguing you, who don’t see their own hypocrisy of their stance on ID checks and doing the work of Thatcher for her.

I keep thinking that I won't post again however................... as a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as it states on my passport, I do NOT have to carry ID unless I am going abroad. Nowhere on my passport or in the laws of this country does it state that I have to have an ID card.

If the club introduce photo season cards fair enough I will carry a photo season card. There is the technology in this day and age to have the photo from the season card printed on the away ticket so surely that is a more sensible option. Has no one suggested this?

However as the saying goes, taking a hammer to crack a nut, does not seem like a sensible thing for our beloved club to do.

Was there not a meeting in February? If so where are the minutes?

EDIT:
p.s. I am not haranguing anyone, just asking a question and stating, as I am allowed to do, my opinion. :-)

Sorry, I've not read all of the thread. Am I correct in saying that ID checks are being implemented like as at Celtic?
No you're not correct. At Celtic it was a full check miles from the stadium. The proposal (and that's all it is at the moment) is that maybe 100-200 people are asked to produce ID and that will be at or very near the stadium. I would not support anything else.

I have said from the get go I cheat a bent system and with the clubs knowledge.
However you seem hell bent on making it easier for people to beat the points system.
I am a bit surprised you have had time to consider this point but not enough to state that 18-25 year olds will not be given tickets over orher fans with higher points.
Bit strange considering your position and insider knowledge.
I think its fairly certain that those 150 balloted tickets for 18-25 year olds will mean folk with higher points who would of qualified, will miss out.

So basically a 26 year old with well over 12'000 points could miss out to a 25 year old with 2 or 3000 points.

Sounds fair to me.

I think its fairly certain that those 150 balloted tickets for 18-25 year olds will mean folk with higher points who would of qualified, will miss out.

So basically a 26 year old with well over 12'000 points could miss out to a 25 year old with 2 or 3000 points.

Sounds fair to me.
My reading as well however Prestwich Blue seems very resistant to confirm this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.