“City Matters” fan committee

The club must be hugely concerned about this. And if they're not, they certainly should be. Where's the next generation of regular match-going support going to come from?
Sadly I think the club are expecting to pick up the tourist market which is growing slowly but could pick up speed over the years.

Sadly I think the club are expecting to pick up the tourist market which is growing slowly but could pick up speed over the years.
The priority has to be to make sure those kids that are currently going with their parents continue to go once they're classed as adults. Because going to the match on a regular basis is a very easy habit to kick once you've fallen out of it, especially in your late 20s and 30s as other priorities begin to emerge.

The priority has to be to make sure those kids that are currently going with their parents continue to go once they're classed as adults. Because going to the match on a regular basis is a very easy habit to kick once you've fallen out of it, especially in your late 20s and 30s as other priorities begin to emerge.

God helps us if we our future support is based on the kids currently in the family stand - their parents have taught them to make sure they are back in the car at the final whistle!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it a club policy where under 14s have to be accompanied by an adult, our junior support is dictated by how many parents will take them. Also if there is less than 5k kids, of which many are located around the stadium, it is illogical to turn over a huge end to such a modest amount

Ill throw my 2 pence here as well.
Im 26, had a ST for 15 years (since we moved to the Etihad) and about 8200 points. Im not sure of the age demographic of the posters on here but im not York away and im not New money...im somewhere in between. I use to have platinum but since sacked it off as collecting points came as no advantage when trying to catch up with the big boys on over 10k, plus i started to pay for the ST off my parents in my 20s so ill rather have £50 to live my life at this age. Also binned all cups as these can be picked up as and when.

I have been to a handful of aways (west ham - through a SC), Arsenal (tout), Liverpool (mate), Chelsea (corporate -away end), Southampton (my points) and a few others. Its a bit of mixed bag, but all in all i generally wont even bother trying for any as they never reach my points, unless the match is at an awkward time and 100s of miles from Manchester. Plus, by then its maybe 2 weeks until the game and travel is expensive.

Like most my generation, i am on social media and use pages like the buy and sells run my blues. Even if i did travel to a game without a ticket, there are always "spares" on there...funny enough always my manchester based older man? Honestly, are they point whores or SCs? But any given Friday or Saturday AM, there is always a small supply of tickets for an away and its just luck if you can get in touch with someone. These pages have thousands of blues.

Back to the OP post on pg 13 and i think a small percentage of away for 18-25 could be a good incentive to keep the next generation in touch. Im shocked to that under 5k are in this age out of 40k! 15% to hospitality is too much. I also dont think ID checks add much value as if there was any bother, anyone can be picked up quite quickly these days.

Anyway, Keep up the good work PB and team. Nice to see City listening and hopefully positive change as we move forward.

And you just want a system that makes sure you and your family get tickets every time so stop accusing others of looking after their own interests.
And why wouldn’t a father put the interests of his family first?
Rather that than pretend to represent the interest of City fans whilst feathering my own nest and protecting the interests of the Supporters Club on a fans’ forum.

And why wouldn’t a father put the interests of his family first?
Rather that than pretend to represent the interest of City fans whilst feathering my own nest and protecting the interests of the Supporters Club on a fans’ forum.
Please explain how I'm feathering my own nest? You keep saying this but the only games I've gone to are games where I've had enough points on my own card when it's gone down to my level. I've not been to the swamp for 30 years. I've not been to Anfield for about 7 or 8 years. I last got a ticket for Spurs when we lost 4-1 I think. My last visit to the Emirates was 2011. So far this season I've done Cardiff & will be at Leicester tonight.

Not only that but you were one of the people who made a powerful argument against a general ballot that I accepted and supported. That could have negatively impacted you potentially and helped me so you of all people should know that self-interest is not a factor with me. And while we've had the conversation about supporters' clubs on many occasions and we both know there are some abuses, on the whole I don't think it's a terrible system overall as it allows genuine fans to go to matches mostly.

Your ire should be directed at seasonal hospitality customers who get a far higher proportion of tickets pro rata than any other group.

Please explain how I'm feathering my own nest? You keep saying this but the only games I've gone to are games where I've had enough points on my own card when it's gone down to my level. I've not been to the swamp for 30 years. I've not been to Anfield for about 7 or 8 years. I last got a ticket for Spurs when we lost 4-1 I think. My last visit to the Emirates was 2011. So far this season I've done Cardiff & will be at Leicester tonight.

Not only that but you were one of the people who made a powerful argument against a general ballot that I accepted and supported. That could have negatively impacted you potentially and helped me so you of all people should know that self-interest is not a factor with me. And while we've had the conversation about supporters' clubs on many occasions and we both know there are some abuses, on the whole I don't think it's a terrible system overall as it allows genuine fans to go to matches mostly.

Your ire should be directed at seasonal hospitality customers who get a far higher proportion of tickets pro rata than any other group.
Any chance of answering the question regarding certain supporters club offering cup final tickets even if you have no seasoncard or any sort of membership, coach loads too.? This isn't a pop at you I was generally interested if you are aware.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.