“City Matters” fan committee

It's one thing creating this and listening to the fans.

It's another thing actually doing what the fans want.(to a point)

This could be like the old Points of Blue meetings and turn into another meat grinder where officials from the club turn up, sit through fans (constantly) complaining about the same issues and complaints, and becoming numb to them, whilst doing little or nothing about them. Repeat the same process at the next meeting. And again.

If this is going to work the fans have to be realistic about what can and can't be done. And the club have to change things that can be changed. If fans see no changes with the issues that have been raised, then it will be seen as another 'talking shop' and nothing more.

For this to have any teeth the likes of Soriano, and dare I say it, Khaldoon, need to be involved at least once a season/a year, along with other influential Board Members/Directors like Vicky Kloss, Danny Wilson, Etc. City can send in as many Middle Managers as they have got to these meetings, but what they discuss, write down, etc, goes up the food chain at City, where the final decisions are made.

This maybe impossible to do, but I would like to see a set amount of sensible ideas that are put forward by the fans implemended by the club throughout the season/year. At least 1, if not more. And shown to be implemented. Only then will 'City Matters' be seen to be working by the fans. On the flip side, fans have to be realistic and sensible and not ask for things and changes that clearly can't be done. One reoccurring example. 'Moving the away fans'. (Arrrgh!)

No doubt the following and same issues will be raised again. Season ticket and matchday tickets prices and rises, Cityzens cards/prices, Platinum cards, reward points, Buying tickets, being held on the ticket office phone line for long periods of time, queues when getting into the ground, service times at the bars, lack of staff, food and drink prices, merchandise prices, stewarding, away ticket allocations, away tickets ending up on legal ticket(touting) websites, away ticket distribution and where they go, parking around the Etihad, public transport on matchday's, empty seats, away fans in the home ends during CL games, dealing with the anti-City Media and Journalists, Etihad Stadium expansion plans, Etihad Campus redevelopment plans, bans from the Etihad and the appeals process, players and staff meeting the fans at OS branches, Improving the atmosphere, engagement between the club and the fans(City Matters is a start), etc.

Congratulations to those of you who are picked. Credit to the club for doing this. And I sincerely hope City Matters works.

PS. I didn't include the OS website. That has apparently been revamped. :-) Not been on it yet.

Last edited:
It's one thing creating this and listening to the fans.

It's another thing actually doing what the fans want.(to a point)

This could be like the old Points of Blue meetings and turn into another meat gorinder where officials from the club turn up, sit through fans (constantly) complaining about the same issues and complaints, and becoming numb to them, whilst doing little or nothing about them. Repeat the same process at the next meeting. And again.

If this is going to work the fans have to be realistic about what can and can't be done. And the club have to change things that can be changed. If fans see no changes with the issues that have been raised, then it will be seen as another 'talking shop' and nothing more.

For this to have any teeth the likes of Soriano, and dare I say it, Khaldoon, need to be involved at least once a season/a year, along with other influential Board Members/Directors like Vicky Kloss, Danny Wilson, Etc. City can send in as many Middle Managers as they have got to these meetings, but what they discuss, write down, etc, goes up the food chain at City, where the final decisions are made.

This maybe impossible to do, but I would like to see a set amount of sensible ideas that are put forward by the fans implemended by the club throughout the season/year. At least 1, if not more. And shown to be implemented. Only then will 'City Matters' be seen to be working by the fans. On the flip side, fans have to be realistic and sensible and not ask for things and changes that clearly can't be done. One reoccurring example. 'Moving the away fans'. (Arrrgh!)

No doubt the following and same issues will be raised again. Season ticket and matchday tickets prices and rises, Cityzens cards/prices, Platinum cards, reward points, Buying tickets, being held on the ticket office phone line for long periods of time, queues when getting into the ground, service times at the bars, lack of staff, food and drink prices, merchandise prices, stewarding, away ticket allocations, away tickets ending up on legal ticket(touting) websites, away ticket distribution and where they go, parking around the Etihad, public transport on matchday's, empty seats, away fans in the home ends during CL games, dealing with the anti-City Media and Journalists, Etihad Stadium expansion plans, Etihad Campus redevelopment plans, bans from the Etihad and the appeals process, players and staff meeting the fans at OS branches, Improving the atmosphere, engagement between the club and the fans(City Matters is a start), etc.

Congratulations to those of you who are picked. Credit to the club for doing this. And I sincerely hope City Matters works.

PS. I didn't include the OS website. That has apparently been revamped. :-) Not been on it yet.

Great post JRB. I would just add that I hope the people who get on this Forum to represent us / the fans suggest some “win wins” to
Increase the likelihood of the suggestions getting implemented. I know you and other posters have made (mutually beneficial) suggestions over recent years e.g. filining the extension of the ground to help fans who live a good distance away IIRC; and I think Colin had an idea about about using up credits on prepaid cards to help ensure good turn outs in the North Stand etc.

In addition, some of the things we want to see is about the Club influencing others (e.g. Andy Burnham and co to improve transport to and from the ground) so it would be good to know the Club are lobbying on these issues even if the decisions aren’t really within our Club’s control.

I suspect ground expansions, land purchases, sponsorship details etc are subject to non-disclosure agreements but it'd be nice of fans had a voice with regards to kit designs, an allocated current player ambassador per block or something like that.

Just had an email to say I'm on the shortlist for the Seasoncard category. Exciting.

Voting will be next week and I'm sure I can rely on all my friends on here and their extended network. All 2 of them.

How will voting take place?

Launched to the whole City world too, including China. It is amazing how far we are reaching now. And how much influence we have as a club. I just hope the diehards always have a voice.

曼城现招募11名城迷分别代表以下的城迷群体:

家庭和儿童城迷

25岁以下城迷

65岁以上城迷

LGBTQ(男同性恋、女同性恋、无性恋和跨性别恋)群体城迷

季票持有者城迷
女性城迷

残障城迷

官方球迷会

黑人、亚洲以及其他少数种族城迷

球场款待季票持有者

曼彻斯特当地城迷

为了更好的商讨对城迷来说重要的议题,该城迷网络将创造一个透明开放的环境,所有的意见和建议都会被球迷和俱乐部代表共同阅览。

Can't read a fucking word of that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.