City Myths

IrishBlueSince92

- City have no fans. There are people who genuinely believe this daft social media taunt. I have left football fans surprised when I've pointed out City's average attendance over the years. Its similar to Liverpool's at the minute and has been higher than theirs most years in the last 2 decades. But sure, football funnies and Paddy Power said so, so there aren't really 54,000+ at our games.

- City spend hundreds of millions every summer. A look at the net spend figures from last few years will tell you this is false. Liverpool had good net spend figures after the record sale of Coutinho enabled them in part to buy a new team, and we never heard the end of it. We broke the record for income through sales last summer and have a net spend in the last few years in the lower half of the premier league, yet its barely mentioned. We have done brilliant transfer business over the last few seasons.

- City could field two teams and win the league.
The truth, have used the least amount of players in the league this season, 22.
They're wonderfully coached, motivated and several are versatile and can play in a few positions which is to our benefit.

- Pep always takes over the top team in each league and has easy jobs.
The truth - Barca hadn't won a trophy in two seasons before he took over, and City had just scraped 4th place with the oldest squad in the league when he came here.

- City's squad is full of world class players. I don't necessarily conscribe with this view point. We have signed very few "galacticos" or finished articles who are world class. Remember De Bruyne was the £60m Chelsea reject, Mahrez was coming to sit on the bench, Rodri - he's brutal where did you find him they said after season 1, Walker is a waste of money never worth that, same with Stones and so on and so on.
We may have overpaid on a few players, but the truth is that they usually improve when they come to City and are coached by the best. Take some players out of this City team and they almost look quite ordinary when playing for their national teams i find!
Also, if we have the best player in every position in the league as some suggest, why do we only get 2 or 3 players in teams of the season when we win the league every year!

What are your favourite City Myths that I've missed?

Plastic dipper yesterday.

Is it true City are building an extension? Why would you want to do that?

Told him a byproduct of oil is cardboard so we've got loads of it spare to make cutouts of fans to make us seem popular.

He almost went for it until a rag chipped in and I had a rant at the rag.

- City have no fans. There are people who genuinely believe this daft social media taunt. I have left football fans surprised when I've pointed out City's average attendance over the years. Its similar to Liverpool's at the minute and has been higher than theirs most years in the last 2 decades. But sure, football funnies and Paddy Power said so, so there aren't really 54,000+ at our games.

- City spend hundreds of millions every summer. A look at the net spend figures from last few years will tell you this is false. Liverpool had good net spend figures after the record sale of Coutinho enabled them in part to buy a new team, and we never heard the end of it. We broke the record for income through sales last summer and have a net spend in the last few years in the lower half of the premier league, yet its barely mentioned. We have done brilliant transfer business over the last few seasons.

- City could field two teams and win the league.
The truth, have used the least amount of players in the league this season, 22.
They're wonderfully coached, motivated and several are versatile and can play in a few positions which is to our benefit.

- Pep always takes over the top team in each league and has easy jobs.
The truth - Barca hadn't won a trophy in two seasons before he took over, and City had just scraped 4th place with the oldest squad in the league when he came here.

- City's squad is full of world class players. I don't necessarily conscribe with this view point. We have signed very few "galacticos" or finished articles who are world class. Remember De Bruyne was the £60m Chelsea reject, Mahrez was coming to sit on the bench, Rodri - he's brutal where did you find him they said after season 1, Walker is a waste of money never worth that, same with Stones and so on and so on.
We may have overpaid on a few players, but the truth is that they usually improve when they come to City and are coached by the best. Take some players out of this City team and they almost look quite ordinary when playing for their national teams i find!
Also, if we have the best player in every position in the league as some suggest, why do we only get 2 or 3 players in teams of the season when we win the league every year!

What are your favourite City Myths that I've missed?
I've seen a few scousers on social media claiming that net spend doesnt count now.

Told him a byproduct of oil is cardboard so we've got loads of it spare to make cutouts of fans to make us seem popular.

Holograms in the stands is the future

It's so "the Sheikh" can buy more empty seats and funnel more money secretly into the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.