City not answering the phone

Even though I deferred I can't but help revisit this page. Each story I read sends a shiver down my spine as I realise it's up there with the best decisions I've ever made. In short the club's treatment of its match attending fans is nothing short of contemptible and the fact they can find employees to still call fans about corporate deals, yet cannot man phones to answer ticket holder's queries shows how the club once known as Manchester City, now Man City, lead brand in CFG portfolio, has become rancid to the core.

Last edited:
Even though I deferred I can't but help revisit this page. Each story I read sends a shiver down my spine as I realise it's up there with the best decisions I've ever made. In short the club's treatment of its match attending fans is nothing short of contemptible and the fact they can find employees to still call fans about corporate deals, yet cannot man phones to answer ticket holder's queries shows how the club once known as Manchester City, now Man City, lead brand in CFG portfolio, has become rancid to the core.
Watching two, five nil home wins in a full
Etihad has been pretty desperate.

Watching two, five nil home wins in a full
Etihad has been pretty desperate.
Sorry Tim but that sounds a very entitled response.
An apparently "I'm alright Jack" attitude does no more than demonstrate the difference between those fans having genuine problems with the clearly inadequate customer service provided by the club, and those who don't.
We're no doubt all happy with the performances of the playing staff at City. However, it's blatantly obvious that on the 'sub-hospitality customer' side, there has been a very significant decline in standards of service.
It's absolute basics that are going wrong. As bad as the days of Swales and Lee were, I never had a problem getting into the ground on a match day.

Good times or bad times, Manchester City Football Club was always a proper 'people's club'.
Since dropping the "FC" and becoming Man City, part of the City Football Group, the club's focus has been almost entirely focused on attracting and/or improving the experience of the apparently 'wealthier' customer... Hence the calls to fans (myself included) trying to get us to take up hospitality deals etc.

It's all very good building the business but if you don't maintain the foundations it could all fall down at some point in the future.

@UsFansKnowNowt is absolutely spot on imo. Beneath a highly polished exterior lies an unhealthy disregard for the common people.

Sorry Tim but that sounds a very entitled response.
An apparently "I'm alright Jack" attitude does no more than demonstrate the difference between those fans having genuine problems with the clearly inadequate customer service provided by the club, and those who don't.
We're no doubt all happy with the performances of the playing staff at City. However, it's blatantly obvious that on the 'sub-hospitality customer' side, there has been a very significant decline in standards of service.
It's absolute basics that are going wrong. As bad as the days of Swales and Lee were, I never had a problem getting into the ground on a match day.

Good times or bad times, Manchester City Football Club was always a proper 'people's club'.
Since dropping the "FC" and becoming Man City, part of the City Football Group, the club's focus has been almost entirely focused on attracting and/or improving the experience of the apparently 'wealthier' customer... Hence the calls to fans (myself included) trying to get us to take up hospitality deals etc.

It's all very good building the business but if you don't maintain the foundations it could all fall down at some point in the future.

@UsFansKnowNowt is absolutely spot on imo. Beneath a highly polished exterior lies an unhealthy disregard for the common people.
Lol. Your mate has deferred so he hasn’t experienced loads of customer service failings. That’s his or her choice and they are welcome to it.

Many of us have been disappointed by the customer services meltdown. That said, I’ve seen two brilliant 5 nil wins and that trumps somebody gloating about deferring their season card IMHO. Good luck to them btw.

Anyone can campaign to go on City Matters at the next elections of course and seek to
Improve the lot of the match going fans.

Lol. Your mate has deferred so he hasn’t experienced loads of customer service failings. That’s his or her choice and they are welcome to it.

Many of us have been disappointed by the customer services meltdown. That said, I’ve seen two brilliant 5 nil wins and that trumps somebody gloating about deferring their season card IMHO. Good luck to them btw.

Anyone can campaign to go on City Matters at the next elections of course and seek to
Improve the lot of the match going fans.

That sounds even more entitled!

Firstly, @UsFansKnowNowt isn't my 'mate'. I wouldn't know him from Adam. He's just another Blue expressing an opinion.

Secondly, deferers are entitled to their opinion just like everyone else who has an interest in City. The longer the issues around customer service continue, the more likely it is that fans will decide that enough is enough. That may not bother you personally, but it clearly does bother some people. It's only a matter of time before the issues raised will be considered newsworthy.

As for City Matters... if you honestly think that CM hasn't lost every scrap of credibility over the past few weeks on here, you're dreaming.

No-one in their right mind would waste their time involving themselves, in predominantly one way dialogue, on matters that the club clearly aren't interested in.

The CFG treats CM no better than an irritating itch. The organisation doesn't care about the very people who were the foundations of the original football club. They're only interested in new money.

That sounds even more entitled!

Firstly, @UsFansKnowNowt isn't my 'mate'. I wouldn't know him from Adam. He's just another Blue expressing an opinion.

Secondly, deferers are entitled to their opinion just like everyone else who has an interest in City. The longer the issues around customer service continue, the more likely it is that fans will decide that enough is enough. That may not bother you personally, but it clearly does bother some people. It's only a matter of time before the issues raised will be considered newsworthy.

As for City Matters... if you honestly think that CM hasn't lost every scrap of credibility over the past few weeks on here, you're dreaming.

No-one in their right mind would waste their time involving themselves, in predominantly one way dialogue, on matters that the club clearly aren't interested in.

The CFG treats CM no better than an irritating itch. The organisation doesn't care about the very people who were the foundations of the original football club. They're only interested in new money.
Lighten up a bit mate. I’ve been going to watch City since I was 5 and this is our greatest era. Yes customer services is piss poor but it’s still great so see City win 5 nil in consecutive games. I couldn’t care less if the CFG value me.

Also, I refer to us as City but there’s people been calling us Man City for decades. After all, “we fight to the end” and “with an M, an Aan N” in case you don’t believe me.

Of course people who defer are entitled to their opinion like I’m entitled to respond to them. I made that point clear so I’m not sure why you are confused about it.

Some of us can criticise failings and also recognise positives including:
-City providing a customer service team at Wembley to help fans.
- free flights to Porto for the Champs League final.
- the installation of rail seats
- thenpurchase of Jack Grealish and countless top quality players over the years.
- inviting members of supporters clubs to the CFA before the Norwich game to thank them for their efforts during the pandemic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.