City now and the future

Onceablue

I thought I would enlighten you on my thoughts on our club and how I predict it will work out. I do not claim to be in the know but sometimes things seem to be rather obvious.

So let me start with our current squad. I believe we have a half decent squad, which are under achieving big time. Whether this is due to a lack of desire or players playing out of position I don’t know. MH signings have been good signings and we have a far better squad than last season and yet we are worse of. Dunne and Richards have had a torrid season to date but must surely improve. Left back was an issue during last season and has yet to be rectified. Joe Hart is still learning his trade and has little cover. TBH has found it difficult in a struggling team low on confidence. Zab is getting use to the Premier league and is improving. I feel we need additional quality personnel in this department.
The midfield I feel is especially a weak area in our team although we have quality. Ireland has come on leaps and bounds, Kompany is versatile and is another one who is adapting well. We are missing Johnson big time, his energy and presence leaves a gapping hole in the midfield and I feel this currently City’s weakness. Elano is not a Johnson like player and Elano needs to play behind the leading striker to get the best out of him. Also missing Petrov’s speed going forward although not missing his defensive cover. SWP us being constantly switched position and we are not getting the best out of him with the formation. Hamman is struggling with the pace and Gelson is low on confidence. This is a critical part of any team and judging by my comments on this area you can see the weakness.
The forward line on paper looks awesome but in reality there is concern. Robinho is not getting support or enough of the ball to make his presence felt. Evans is not ready or good enough for top-flight football. Sturrage has more potential whilst Benjani cannot hold the ball up hen he plays as a lonesome striker and Jo is like a fish out of water and perhaps needs time to adjust another weak area of our team that needs rectifying immediately.

Now to the manager: MH I feel is in limbo. I feel he took the job on under the impression we would have the final say on transfers, but I don’t think he does. In my opinion MH will be at City until the summer regardless of results (whether good or bad) He has bought some good players but I feel the owners want players that MH doesn’t and vice-versa. I don’t think MH would have bought Robinho because he is not a MH player (grafter and versatile). I get the impression the owners want immediate success whilst MH wants a slow steady approach.
It has been said that MH is one of the nest upcoming managers…. This could be true but I think that the vision of the owners do not include MH. The owners want high profile personalities to make the club a world brand therefore, MH is not high profile. So where does that leave us? Jose Mourinho is as high profile as they come. But Jose has a job in Italy but has stated that he wants to return to England. So if he did return to England where would he go… to City? I fully expect him to be City boss in summer. He will be highly paid with unlimited funds to build his own squad. It will be a challenge for him that I am sure is one he could not resist.

I think the owners are already trying to get big names into the club whether it is in January or next summer. However I feel they will give MH a limited kitty to improve the squad before the special one arrives….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.