City odd ball and bad apple eleven

feedmpenzaandhewillscore

Front of the kippax chomping on a wagon wheel
So Joey Barton's antics at rangers in the past few weeks had me casting my mind back to when he managed to get sent off at Spurs away in the cup whilst walking off the pitch for half time. Imagine the amount of people who would have wanted to throttle him in the dressing room?

Imagine if these cranks were put together as a team and what would happen in the dressing room if things were not going City's way.

1. John Burridge- not exactly a hard man but definatly not playing with a full deck. There's stories of him watching the Tv with his goalie gloves on and ready to spring into action if his Mrs drops the biscuits. Who could forget him warming up for one game by booting the ball against the wall of the Kippax rather than using the lovely Maine Road pitch.

2.Ben Thatcher- the elbow on Pedro Mendes was despicable, this guy had a mean streak in him. Also put his studs into Ronaldos chest whilst he was on the floor in a derby which he can be commended for.

3. Terry Phelan- One of the original members of the crazy gang at Wimbledon. Did come across as a bit of nut case and there were doubts of him getting into the USA for the World Cup in 94 because of a GBH conviction.

4. Joey Barton-Could have been a good player Joey. Showed glimpses of it at times for us in 2006 and maybe at times for Newcastle. Assaulting Dabo, stubbing cigars out on youth team players and just being an all round ****.

Wonder what type of game it would have been if he hadn't been sent off for qpr against us in 2012?

5. Andy Morrison- would have him in at skipper, if you were not pulling your weight he would probably rip your arms out of their sockets at half time. Looked like a rugby player playing football, anyone remember that volley at Boundary Park in 1998?

6. Richard Dunne- when he first came to City he loved getting on the beer. There were stories of Kevin Keegan being far from happy with him as he was apparently caught jumping on a cop car roof whilst on international duty with Ireland.

7. Craig Bellamy- could start an argument in an empty room. Bust ups with Robinho for not pulling his weight, running battles with Mancini that saw the end of him as a City player.

On a side note who could forget when he called out John Terry for his behaviour over the whole Wayne Bridge affair after we had dicked them 4-2 at Stanford bridge.

8. Maurzio Gaudino- Loved this guy, came into the side from Eintract Frankfurt on loan when we were fighting relegation in 95. Kept us up and we should have signed him unfortunately he was involved in a trial for car theft and fraud.

9. Carlos Tevez- One of the most talented players to pull on the blue shirt in my opinion and by him coming to City others followed. Loved when he gave Gary Chuckle it both barrells when he scored in the league cup semi. Another player who fell out with Mancini time and time again, then decided to go play golf for half a season and came back carrying some timber.

10. Franny Lee- Bit before my time was old Francis but someone the old film footage of him getting in a full on fist fight with Norman Hunter during the game showed he wasn't to be messed with.

11. Mario Ballotelli- There are too many stories to tell over Mario. You knew straight away if he was up for it or likely to get sent off. I remember us playing Liverpool and Charlie Adam went through him and that was it for Mario, subbed almost straight away as he wanted some payback.

Having a wrestle with the manager during training, throwing darts at the youth team, buying everyone's fuel in a petrol station and fireworks in the bathroom before derby day. There's probably a million more stories about him.

Not sure I'd class Richard Dunne as either a bad apple or an odd ball! Tony Coleman should probably be in there though, by all accounts.

Stephen Ireland and his dead grannies deserve a (dis)honourable mention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.