City or Liverpool to displace Utd as Prem League's top earning club

With Liverpool increasing the Anfield capacity to 60,000 and the vast majority of their ticket sales being match day ticket sales and the expense of season tickets, Liverpool's match day revenues will keep on increasing.

There are a number of options to increase our match day revenues in the future. City will have looked at all options.

1. Keep the Etihad capacity as it is and continue increasing season ticket and match day ticket prices. :-(
1. Increase the capacity of the Etihad significantly, keep season tickets and match day tickets affordable so they continue selling, and drive further matchday revenue via match day sales, including food, drink, merchandise, and more competitively priced hospitality packages that would more corporate customers. That's where the real match day money is, apparently?
3. Looking at other areas of (non) match day revenue outside the Etihad stadium. For 10 years the Collar site and land around the stadium has stood empty most of the year, returning piece meal parking on match days and not much else, when other far more profitable revenues steams on match days and on non match days could and should have been created by now. 10 years! Temporary bars and restaurants, like Box Park and Hatch, large indoor marquees, seating 100's or 1000's of Citys fans, like they have at the Munich Beer Festival, where fans can have a drink and eat food before and after the match, staying dry and warm, with live music, etc. That would also attract people who just want to go there to drink, eat and to listen to some music. The containers and marquees wouldn't cost much to erect, place, maintain, and to remove. During the Summer Months the Collar site could host Beers festivals, Makers Markets, Food Markets, Music events, etc. These ideas and more would bring in additional revenue to the club. There is a huge and young city centre population 10 minutes away by tram and 20 minutes away by foot. And throughout late Spring and Summer they are going to events throughout the city centre spending their money. Yet 10 minutes away (by tram) there is a huge empty parcel of land next to the Etihad stadium doing and returning nothing. Why?
Great post. I've been to the Oktoberfest (twice) and to have something like this would be awesome.

With Liverpool increasing the Anfield capacity to 60,000 and the vast majority of their ticket sales being match day ticket sales and the expense of season tickets, Liverpool's match day revenues will keep on increasing.

There are a number of options to increase our match day revenues in the future. City will have looked at all options.

1. Keep the Etihad capacity as it is and continue increasing season ticket and match day ticket prices. :-(
1. Increase the capacity of the Etihad significantly, keep season tickets and match day tickets affordable so they continue selling, and drive further matchday revenue via match day sales, including food, drink, merchandise, and more competitively priced hospitality packages that would more corporate customers. That's where the real match day money is, apparently?
3. Looking at other areas of (non) match day revenue outside the Etihad stadium. For 10 years the Collar site and land around the stadium has stood empty most of the year, returning piece meal parking on match days and not much else, when other far more profitable revenues steams on match days and on non match days could and should have been created by now. 10 years! Temporary bars and restaurants, like Box Park and Hatch, large indoor marquees, seating 100's or 1000's of Citys fans, like they have at the Munich Beer Festival, where fans can have a drink and eat food before and after the match, staying dry and warm, with live music, etc. That would also attract people who just want to go there to drink, eat and to listen to some music. The containers and marquees wouldn't cost much to erect, place, maintain, and to remove. During the Summer Months the Collar site could host Beers festivals, Makers Markets, Food Markets, Music events, etc. These ideas and more would bring in additional revenue to the club. There is a huge and young city centre population 10 minutes away by tram and 20 minutes away by foot. And throughout late Spring and Summer they are going to events throughout the city centre spending their money. Yet 10 minutes away (by tram) there is a huge empty parcel of land next to the Etihad stadium doing and returning nothing. Why?
Agree with all of this. There is a definite need to improve food and drink offerings around the stadium. This is one way to improve revenues. The report stresses the need for clubs to balance the needs of matchgoing fans with global ones and the difficulty of just increasng ticket prices. It also suggests that all clubs need to be more creative and innovative moving forward because they are over-reliant on broadcast revenues. It is clear that we need to hugely improve our digital performance because, whether we like it or not, potential sponsors and advertisers are influenced by our exposure on social media platforms like Youtube and Instagram. It will be interesting to see how much income we can lever from the new arena development through shared music/football corporate packages for starters.

Any time City do anything to increase match day revenue you get threads on here and fan clubs bitching and moaning. I'm not surprised that we're lacking behind in that
Surely that’s because we have a more traditional fan base than any of the other big boys and having already paid an ever increasing small fortune for our season tickets we don’t wanna be further shaken down every time we go to a match

Surely that’s because we have a more traditional fan base than any of the other big boys and having already paid an ever increasing small fortune for our season tickets we don’t wanna be further shaken down every time we go to a match
Yeah, the average joe like you and I are always going to be stung, and to be fair to city the prices aren't even that bad. our average ticket is the 10th most expensive.
But any increase to anything is met with vitriol,
any changes to executive boxes is decried by the average man on here,
Extra additions (that might be charged for) are called pointless and the opinion is they shouldn't be done.

How exactly can city win?

By the way, tickets to Fulham ( I know it's a cup game and all) are what, £20? I think City have always tried their best with ticket prices but the difficulty becomes a balancing act, and as much as people say they should The owners can't just influx money to cover the cost.

Is it ?

Barca and Real Madrid top the list and yet they regularly have 10% of empty seats, even in the CL early stages. Inter are 14th on the list and I bet they have 30% of empty seats quite regularly, and I doubt Roma or Napoli ever fill their stadiums (Juve will but they built a smaller stadium because the old one was never full).

Yes I think so. None of the Italian clubs are elite clubs in my opinion largely because of the small crowds in Serie A. it damages their perception.

Footballers want to play on a stage and commercial partners want to be associated with that stage.

Real Madrid and Barcelona don't typically play in front of empty stadia. Neither do Man City. In fact the only team in 'Manchester' which has a problem filling its ground at the moment is Man Utd. Utd force all their season ticket holders to buy FA Cup tickets but I predict they will have 10,000 empty seats at tomorrow's Cup replay.

I'm sure the Guardian would have put "...and FSG (whose baseball team are currently being investigated by the MLB for industrial scale cheating) owned Liverpool..." if they'd had the room.

United do need CL badly next season otherwise penalty clauses kick in from their biggest sponsors. What would be even more disastrous was if they finished outside the EL places. That could really prove to be the tipping point.
I am surprised the Glazers haven't sold up.

I didn't say they did, but they do regularly play in front of empty seats.
Compare the sight of the players lined up in the Bernabeu or the Nou Camp against a back-drop of a full house versus Inter in a half empty San Siro

I know that it doesn't directly impact the result but fanbase is part of the fabric of a club and affects a club in many ways such as:

Match-day revenue, commercial revenue, attraction to top players.

Yeah, the average joe like you and I are always going to be stung, and to be fair to city the prices aren't even that bad. our average ticket is the 10th most expensive.
But any increase to anything is met with vitriol,
any changes to executive boxes is decried by the average man on here,
Extra additions (that might be charged for) are called pointless and the opinion is they shouldn't be done.

How exactly can city win?
I don’t think normal fans object to the corporate facilities being upgraded but I think the problem lies in the perception we have that the club are at best indifferent to and at worst trying to alienate our core support. For example I don’t mind there being new members only drinking bars springing up all over the ground but what worries me is that people who sit near these areas are at risk of having their seat price increase by a ridiculous amount, so they move to a cheaper seat, groups of friends are split up, the atmosphere suffers and the corporate creep increases.

Meanwhile Soriano sits there slavering over his fucking revenue charts while his underlings sell blocks of away tickets to Viagogo and normal blues who’ve been going week in week out since Joe Mercer was here don’t understand why 20,000 loyalty points doesn’t get you a ticket to OT anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.