City or Liverpool to displace Utd as Prem League's top earning club

Slightly off topic.

Also posted in the PL thread.

Everton have announced record losses of £111.8m for the year to June 2019 but say they are "committed to operating in a financially sustainable manner".

The losses have been adjusted for a 13-month period to incorporate when players' contracts come to an end.

But after a £30.6m profit in 2017 and a £13.1m loss in 2018, the latest figures show the alarming rate of spending under majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

Premier League profit and sustainability rules allow for a £105m loss over three years, with Everton's total loss in the same timeframe at £94.3m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51114007
Not off topic at all Everton are on that list 17th i think, but a timely reminder that earning loads is not the same as profit, on another note i was hoping to over take Bayern this year, but next looks most likely would be great to push a super power out, that would cause a panic in the G14

Didn't happen in the end but given the 12 months that we've all endured since this thread was started, no surprise.

We've stayed in 6th and the dippers have gone over us into 5th with the caveat that the accounts of every club are messed up.

But Bridge warned that rankings "may have been different" had the timings of fixtures worked out differently.

Liverpool played both their Champions League last-16 ties in one financial year while Manchester City (due to covid) straddled two financial years.

"But with those placings, take a little bit of care because with the timings of the fixtures they were able to generate more revenue ahead of Manchester City," said Bridge.

"Had timings been a little bit different, those rankings may have been different."

Considering we haven't (publicly) released our books however, how have they come up with the list anyway?

Didn't happen in the end but given the 12 months that we've all endured since this thread was started, no surprise.

We've stayed in 6th and the dippers have gone over us into 5th with the caveat that the accounts of every club are messed up.

Considering we haven't (publicly) released our books however, how have they come up with the list anyway?
Must be going of 2019 accounts.

It was a perfect storm for the hackers.

Let’s see what their finances are like at the end of this season and after their next set of financial figures.

United on in a bad position as they are usually around 100 million more which means the 50 million or so to service the debt and the 30 odd million Glazers take out still leave them top.

Not this time.

Like it or not Liverpool always stand a good chance of going up this list with a big fan base that has been starved of success. There recent wins was always going to have a positive impact financially.

We’re in a very good position here, especially as anyone can see team number 1 is in a bad financial way.

So I actually have us around 3rd/ 4th.

We must be massive :-)

United on in a bad position as they are usually around 100 million more which means the 50 million or so to service the debt and the 30 odd million Glazers take out still leave them top.

Not this time.

Like it or not Liverpool always stand a good chance of going up this list with a big fan base that has been starved of success. There recent wins was always going to have a positive impact financially.

We’re in a very good position here, especially as anyone can see team number 1 is in a bad financial way.

I'm not sure the rags have ever been top of the Deloitte money list, Real And Barca have topped it for a long time.

This is an example of why PL clubs dont really give a fuck about VAR or empty seats at games.

When a club can win fuck all for donkeys years like Spurs and still turn over hundreds of millions then all that matters is being a part of the club and doing nothing to rock that boat.

Literally just being in the PL guarantees you a spot on that list these days and for the majority of them clubs the aim each season is just to stay up!
Ain’t that the (sad) truth.

Not this time.

United have supposedly been in a bad position for a decade. Servicing debt etc. Yet, year after year they spend big. They’ve the world’s largest fanbase and, as such, are TV gold to Sky et al. I’d love to see them reduced to penury but it ain’t happening. Yet...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.