City pay structure to use Barca Model

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ChicagoBlue, 17 Mar 2013.

1. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

From the Daily Star: Normally would not post paper talk, but this actually looks like a real, common sensical story!

Sounds like a good move...Paying top dollar for success, which is what brings in the revenues that pays for it all.

2. Q-Blue

Q-Blue

Great idea! We should have been doing this for the last 30 years, given some of the lazy little tw*ts that we've had. Nicky Summerbee wouldn't have earned much and imagine how skint Danny Mills would be!

Feel free to add to the list. I'll start you off with McManaman.

3. bgblue

bgblue

Edited for accuracy :)

4. Ed68

Ed68

Makes sense to me to be honest - where I work I'm happy for sales guys to get big commissions when they generate money for the company but it when they sell low margin deals.

Will the current players accept this though as currently they get the majority of their money (as I understand it) regardless of where we finish in the league.

They should be happy if they have the mindset to win things but based on some performances this season (like yesterday) I'm not sure all of our current players have that mentality.

5. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

It's a nice idea in theory but in practice we simply don't have the pulling power of Barcelona and I suspect most potential transfer targets would opt for the higher basic wage that would inevitably be offered by competing clubs.

6. Damanino

Damanino

Good idea, any new contract has to be done this way.

Our wage bill is around 200m, 3rd or 4th biggest in Europe, and we cant even get into the best 16 in CL last season or this...

(There are/were teams in in with 50m-100m wage bill).

Good bonus ssystem might be good for motivation as well as we clearly struggle to motivate some of our hgh earners, they get their 100k+ wage per week even if they contribute about nothing like Nasri or Kolarov...

7. BlueMo'

BlueMo'

We had to pay those sums in wages at first to be able
    to acquire the players that would win us trophies and get us in Champ's league.
    They were never going to continue at that rate.
    We can't be compared to Barcelona, not many clubs can but unless
    we pay well over top dollar we won't be in the running to sign truly world
    class talent. We've seriously regressed on the pitch and if we don't get our finger out
    we'll be scrapping for 4th spot.

8. RACHACE

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    I agree, quality idea. How many players do you see get a 3-5 year contract on mega money the take their foot off the pedal?

9. Plaything of the gods

Plaything of the gods

Nah, it'll never happen. Far too sensible for the English game.

BTW, you many years would you have to work to earn the equivalent of that £140,000 per week?

10. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

deleted.