City pay structure to use Barca Model

I'm not certain that any of the top players will play better if paid more. Quite frankly they want to be a part of success. Sell them what we are doing here, what we want to achieve and how (if we know) and we will get them. You cannot offer for example Messing 1m per week and expect him to join us. But tell him how we want the team to play, what his role would be etc and you may have a chance.

Fucking lol, OP, a sensical (no such word) article from the Star?

Fuck me, people may hate me on here but you get worse.

BlueMo' said:
We had to pay those sums in wages at first to be able
to acquire the players that would win us trophies and get us in Champ's league.
They were never going to continue at that rate.
We can't be compared to Barcelona, not many clubs can but unless
we pay well over top dollar we won't be in the running to sign truly world
class talent. We've seriously regressed on the pitch and if we don't get our finger out
we'll be scrapping for 4th spot.

Exactly. The first ones, Tevez, Yaya, Sergio et al were the lucky ones who came and helped establish us as a big club that others would want to come and play for in future. They took a bit of a career gamble and were reward as such. It should not be as hard to attract quality players now, although Marwood struggled,and the balance of power has shifted towards the club a little.

notts blue said:
will yaya still get 140,000 if he has a day off due to a headache?

SSP only in his contract I understand.

Seosa said:
Fucking lol, OP, a sensical (no such word) article from the Star?
Fuck me, people may hate me on here but you get worse.

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of COMMON SENSE

: sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts
— com·mon·sense adjective
— com·mon·sen·si·ble adjective
com·mon·sen·si·cal adjective
— com·mon·sen·si·cal·ly adverb

NO idea who or what you are, but when you say...

Fuck me, people may hate me on here

...could it possibly be because you sound, and act, like a complete twat with people you don't know, or about things you appear to know even less? Just asking, because I obviously have no clue who you are!

And, when you close with...

but you get worse.

Does that I mean I was bad before and am now getting worse? If so, could you illuminate me with something I have said or done that so offended your delicate sensibilities? Was it a computer generated space that I missed last time, too?

Or perhaps it was the source, which I already covered in the OP?

I would hate to cause offence by simply posting a newspaper article that most other people have taken as intended, but if you are the self-professed Oracle of BlueMoon, full of insults and know-nothing input, I would appreciate knowing who I am dealing with?

Are you a Professor of Language and Culture from Manchester University, perhaps?

Or maybe, a know-nothing fuckwad from an internet forum with previous that has been pointed out by numerous others so often that you RECOGNIZE YOURSELF to be hated here?!

I await your response with bated breath.

A lot of posters don't seem to realise what is going on at City. They have taken the idea over from the press that our owner is a sugar daddy who is now having fits about the cost of PL football for trophy winning teams. He is not. He is a business man who wants to run a successful business. In 2008 he saw very clearly that investment was necessary and part of this investment was in playing staff and the wages to attract the players to achieve his immediate aims. Some of the wages talked about for players already at the club are fanciful and involve bonus payments never actually earned, but the Sheikh accepted that a "City premium" would be necessary. What the moaners on here have to face up to is that Mancini and the players hit the Sheikh's targets a year early! The Sheikh no longer saw the need for the premium, and it was this which led Hazard to go to Chelsea and, probably, Van Persie to go to the swamp dwellers, rather than FFPR. So talk of record bids for 3 or 4 players this summer accompanied by mega wages is fantasy. What we will see is one "big" signing with more signings of promising young players. Some established stars will leave, others will not. Don't expect City to run away with the title and/or the CL next season - the aim of the owners is to consolidate City's position off the field and to challengefor trophies rather than "buy" them. We may win the PL, the CL, the FA cup or even all of them next season but we won't do it by throwing money at the matter and we won't put long term growth at risk.

I am sat here chuckling quite heavily at the dissection, nay, surgical and magical put down by ChicagoBlue of Seosa!!

Man, that was something to behold, sir!!

*doffs cap*

As for the original article, I say it goes further; that if you are of 'International' quality and fail to make into the first team within a reasonable period of time (it doesn't matter if it was injury recovered or ousted by a better player in that period), that the basic wage template is diminished to reflect that.

This is would be negated if they were specifically bought as 'back up', though.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
A lot of posters don't seem to realise what is going on at City. They have taken the idea over from the press that our owner is a sugar daddy who is now having fits about the cost of PL football for trophy winning teams. He is not. He is a business man who wants to run a successful business. In 2008 he saw very clearly that investment was necessary and part of this investment was in playing staff and the wages to attract the players to achieve his immediate aims. Some of the wages talked about for players already at the club are fanciful and involve bonus payments never actually earned, but the Sheikh accepted that a "City premium" would be necessary. What the moaners on here have to face up to is that Mancini and the players hit the Sheikh's targets a year early! The Sheikh no longer saw the need for the premium, and it was this which led Hazard to go to Chelsea and, probably, Van Persie to go to the swamp dwellers, rather than FFPR. So talk of record bids for 3 or 4 players this summer accompanied by mega wages is fantasy. What we will see is one "big" signing with more signings of promising young players. Some established stars will leave, others will not. Don't expect City to run away with the title and/or the CL next season - the aim of the owners is to consolidate City's position off the field and to challengefor trophies rather than "buy" them. We may win the PL, the CL, the FA cup or even all of them next season but we won't do it by throwing money at the matter and we won't put long term growth at risk.

Sensible stuff.

I've never understood why people think Sheikh Mansour intends to continually spend 200 mil per year on City. I mean, if Messi was available, I'm sure he'd go for it, but as you say, he will want to make the occasional big signing, grow our own players & sign players who improve at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.