City players and managers snubbed for awards (article)

It's a good article because as a Cityfan it's good to see a journalist taking our side. But SB more or less is stating the obvious that has been printed on this forum for quite some time.
I expect a journalist to actually do some research as to WHY we seem to be ignored. These award-things are led by commitees I suppose, so why not ask these people about the questionmarks in his article. Honestly, I could have written this article and probably about 200plus on here as well.

I often make remarks about the double standards City is being treated by the media, commentators and their pundits (that's worldwide). It frustrates me and I find it one of the downers since we have become a topteam. Same as having to defend my club to other footies. But it's so fck obvious it's hard to resist and keep shut. Not a lot I or we can do about it, and that's why I feel SB should have done more than just stating the obvious.

Chance of winning the title but missing out on manager of the season (if your surname is Ferguson, Wenger, or Mourinho): 1 in 18 (5.6%)
Chance of winning the title but missing out on manager of the season (other surnames): 3 in 4 (75%)

I had talkshite on in the car yesterday when I went shopping. Durham and Gough were talking about MOTY and Gough without hesitation said "Mourinho" because he won the league.
I wonder what his justification for not giving it to Pellegrini last year was?

Maureen wins MOTY for winning the League and League Cup exactly as Manuel did last season who also had the added distinction of being the first non European manager to do so yet they still gave it to Brenda. No agenda my arse!

We don't get nearly enough recognition from the media, don't think there is a conscious conspiracy but I do think it has a lot to do with not having many city player pundits, supprters, etc in the media.

It is quite a dangerous situation though because if I was aaguerro looking to make a big name for myself I wouoldnt do it at City given the press' lack of positive coverage.

We also won more games last year than Chelsea have this year and we scored over 100 goals. Obviously that counts for nothing.

Mikejl said:
There's a number of factors at play here. Apart from a small number of friendly journalists i.e. Henry Winter ; Dan Taylor Simon Mullock ; John Richardson & Martin Samuel then there appears to be an attitude of "well they should be doing so well with all the money they've spent" this of course is bollocks as Dutch Van Pulis skunks a fortune & turns his team into Everton circa Joe Royle era.

Then there's the inherent bias built over years of being wined and dined by the Sky4, City being a threat means they cannot be seen to publicly praise us.

Then there's click bait - advertising revenue dominates just about all media agenda when it comes to football. Yes our non Mancunians fan base is growing but we are starting from a way back, the global online accessibility of football reporting demands news, mostly positive about ManUre Loserpool, Arse & Chelski.

You could see from early on each season that the majority of Journos were desperate for Maureen to win the title, Costa had a similar season to Negredo, however he's suddenly the new Gerd fucking Muller!

If DVP had got the scum into 3rd you could have seen that clown winning it.

Sorry no answers, just observations

Bang on the button pal re costa/negredo.....makes me fucking sick hearing them drool over costa,whilst our centre forward

1. scored more goals than he did.

2. didnt try to stamp on opponents legs

3.played hard but fair.

4.did the most outrageous dummy the premiership has ever seen bar none( WestHam away Sergio benefitted from Negredo,s sublime ghost walk)

5.showed an ability to cross the ball with the outside of his left boot,inch perfect,for an assist at fulham

6. showed the great international defender rio ferdinand who was boss by keeping the ball trapped under the sole of his boot ,in the six yard area,whilst almost nonchalantly fending off dozy wio until support arrived in Nasri..

7.Out foxed the silly spurs defender in scoring the 5th? goal at the etihad with sublime forward thinking ,thereby losing his marker.

sky sports never once gave Negredo the credit he deserved..Costa..the new gerd muller!!

Been getting emails from my supporters branch about this .
Tbh i don't really give a shit if the F.A snub us for these awards .
These trophies only gather dust on the mantle piece anyway .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.