City Players at the Euros

IrishBlueSince92

Has there been a thread started on this that I've missed?

Mixed bag really. Rodri as usual has been the star performer. KDB was Belgiums best player but let down by those around him. Walker and Foden have been poor by their own standards while Stones has looked OK just. Bernardo has been good enough. Akanji has been brilliant. Haven't seen much of Ake. Dias, Gvardiol and Kovacic were standard enough.

On another note, can we expect to see Doku and KDB featuring in the community shield now?
Give them a well earned 3 or 4 week holiday, get them back in training for the start of August and they could be on the bench for that one?
I'm not worried about the game itself, I always see it as a friendly, but it would be nice to go into a season with most of our big players fit and ready for a change. (Probably isn't going to happen).

I think Kev needs a good rest and a holiday, but Doku looks like he could play next week, so I'd include him in the US Tour.

Obviously I want England to win, but I barely moved a muscle on the sofa when Bellingham equalised. Part of me just wanted Phil, Walks & Stonesy home and resting up.

Spain with Rodri player of the tournament would give me great pleasure - he can't be far off our greatest ever player can he?

Rodri and Akanji have been the obvious standouts.

I'm not sure why, but Stones has been poor, particularly against Slovakia, when on 2-3 occasions, he collided with a teammate.
Also, I suspect that Walker's confidence has been affected by losing a yard of pace.

The others have all been a little bit up and down, mixing brilliance with mediocrity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.