City players at your school

LongsightM13 said:
I went to Xaverian College for sixth form, where Balotelli randomly turned up and went walkabout. Okay, it was 24 years too late but I'm claiming it.
I think the club went through a spell of sending academy lads to Xavs, as it was handy for Platt Lane, didn't Ned & SWP also go there?

I too went to Xavs, but back when it was a single-sex, Catholic grammar. Really strange to be seeing girls there, but I'm very glad it's remained a class place. It was the club's 6th form college of choice for the academy and more than just Neddy and SWP went there. I don't know if the relationship between club and Xavs has continued or whether it will die when the Academy is fully transferred to Eastlands.

i went to the same school as Nedum Onuoha, Hulme Grammar in Oldham... not at the same time mind.

BornLate58 said:
Not city players but Andy Ritchie and Steve Heighway went to my school Mossely Hall in Cheadle. Not bad considering football was a no go until 5th year due to it being a good old fashioned grammar school.
Andy year below and didn't particularly stand out in the quad. He was however committed at city's training ground in Cheadle,there every night just smashing a ball left foot,right foot against a wall.

"Mossely Hall in Cheadle"
Don't remember that School - I went to Cheadle Hulme School (MWCOS) - the local village school was called Hulme Hall.

I was a boarder and 95% of the boys at school were rags.
We didn't have any City players, but a few of the City reserve players played in special football games organised by the teachers.

In those days (1960's) we were not allowed to play football at school - Rugby only.

One of my teachers was a City fan and he used to give me a lift to away games (including the Newcastle 4-3 game!)

javan vidal...knutsford high school got released by city last year
and ive played against michael johnson many times when he played for chalton boys in davyhulme..and my mate was in the same class as david nugent...

tilbz said:
slicker said:
blue12 said:
Roger palmer,Eric Nixon and I think but may be wrong alex Williams went to mine wilbraham high.

You are right about Alex Williams, also add Clive Wilson, both in the same year as my brothers.

My mum got banged by alex Williams

my grandad before he was a scout at city

had paul(now a druggy in stretford but the best out of 3) and john sheridan in the team and darren sheridan...(sheridans were a nasty family)...and i think adie mike and a few others

and also he was the one who had to tell ricky hatton he wasnt good enough as a player...

i even have a pic of ricky when i he signed for city when he was 12...

and he also told me how we had a chance to sign michael owen as a youngster but his dad

wanted 100grand and a job and fanny lee said no...just thought i'd let you all know...ha

Big Swifty said:
Did any City players go to the same school as you (not necessarily at the same time)? I went to Burnage High, as did Dave Bennett, Darren Beckford and Jason Beckford. So, unfortunately, did Wes Brown (and much earlier, Munich victim Roger Byrne). Anybody beat my total of three?

What years was you there?

I was in the same year as Beckford (D)

Funny thing was, he was probably only the 3rd or 4th best player on our team.

And he didn't play one year at all. Fannied about playing rugby instead.

Went to bolshaw in heald green and was in match when the head came and got me and my mate who was a blue to. Went to his office and nicky weaver and kevin horlock was there :-) totally buzzing

sergiokun said:
Went to bolshaw in heald green and was in match when the head came and got me and my mate who was a blue to. Went to his office and nicky weaver and kevin horlock was there :-) totally buzzing
My daughter's at that school,now and again i see Les(ex city physio)walking his dog on the fields near there,i think his lads also went to bolshaw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.