City players at your school

Went to same primary school as Phil & Gary Neville - Chantlers in Bury. They went to Elton High School, I didn't. Matt Holland was also at Chantlers at that time. I remember the Nevilles more for being very good at cricket.

Was at Utd's school of excellence with Trevor Sinclair amongst others. I also used to play in the same junior team as him (Marauders in Whitefield). As others have said, "Chalky" was/is a great lad, honestly one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Didn't really think any of the above were anything special at football though! Played against Garry Flitcroft a few times and he was always destined to go to the top.

I went to Old Moat Juniors in Withington and Big Eric Nixon and Lee Dixon went there. Then onto Chorlton High School (later Oakwood when Chorlton and Wilbraham merged), Peter Barnes and Nicky Reid went there!

A little off thread but still related, in the School Of Computing at the Uni I work at, Steve MacKenzie joined us as a lecturer in the Early 2000's

He'd put a lot of weight on from this picture.!

163_steve_mackenzie.jpg

mrmacca said:
A little off thread but still related, in the School Of Computing at the Uni I work at, Steve MacKenzie joined us as a lecturer in the Early 2000's

He'd put a lot of weight on from this picture.!

163_steve_mackenzie.jpg

Scored the best goal in the FA Cup final too!

I was also at Cardinal Langley and left in 1973 way before Scholes was there. I was the same year as a lad called Graham Bell who was a better player than Scholes but ended up playing for Oldham, Preston and Tranmere.

Nobody famous went to our school which is no great suprise as it was crap, to get in football team you had to play rugby with the nutters, suffice to say it didn't have a great team!

Slightly off topic but funny, my mate's dog scored a goal past ray clemence on some fields in scunthorpe and that was while he was playing for liverpool!

m7mcfc said:
John Foster he was shite at school as well my head nearly fell off when he made it to the first team.

Did he go to Our Lady's in Higher Blackley? My old School and i think if he did my one and only claim to fame!!

Kun Aguero went to my school, cracking lad. I was always better than him at Rounders, he slightly edged me on the football side though. Don't be fooled by his Argentinian act, he is Mancunian born and bred. And FYI, he thinks its a bap, not a barm or muffin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.