City players at your school

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Big Swifty, 26 Jun 2012.

1. mayo31

mayo31

You have a nerve stating moorclose was a school.

I know a few lads who would have been there with you who have said the same thing

2. Doddy

Doddy

Used to live in same street as Tony Whelan.Lives Heald Green now still see him training on local fields.

3. BL2blue

BL2blue

Went to same primary school as Phil & Gary Neville - Chantlers in Bury. They went to Elton High School, I didn't. Matt Holland was also at Chantlers at that time. I remember the Nevilles more for being very good at cricket.

Was at Utd's school of excellence with Trevor Sinclair amongst others. I also used to play in the same junior team as him (Marauders in Whitefield). As others have said, "Chalky" was/is a great lad, honestly one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

Didn't really think any of the above were anything special at football though! Played against Garry Flitcroft a few times and he was always destined to go to the top.

4. the kippax wall

the kippax wall

I went to Old Moat Juniors in Withington and Big Eric Nixon and Lee Dixon went there. Then onto Chorlton High School (later Oakwood when Chorlton and Wilbraham merged), Peter Barnes and Nicky Reid went there!

5. mrmacca

mrmacca

A little off thread but still related, in the School Of Computing at the Uni I work at, Steve MacKenzie joined us as a lecturer in the Early 2000's

He'd put a lot of weight on from this picture.!

[​IMG]

6. Innsbruckblue

Innsbruckblue

Scored the best goal in the FA Cup final too!

7. mrmacca

mrmacca

Wasn't enough to secure a permanent post though sadly! :(

8. thefox

thefox

I was also at Cardinal Langley and left in 1973 way before Scholes was there. I was the same year as a lad called Graham Bell who was a better player than Scholes but ended up playing for Oldham, Preston and Tranmere.

9. Doncaster Blues

Doncaster Blues

Nobody famous went to our school which is no great suprise as it was crap, to get in football team you had to play rugby with the nutters, suffice to say it didn't have a great team!

Slightly off topic but funny, my mate's dog scored a goal past ray clemence on some fields in scunthorpe and that was while he was playing for liverpool!

10. another generation

another generation

+1 ... though on the other side of the great divide!