City players at your school

Doncaster Blues said:
Nobody famous went to our school which is no great suprise as it was crap, to get in football team you had to play rugby with the nutters, suffice to say it didn't have a great team!

Slightly off topic but funny, my mate's dog scored a goal past ray clemence on some fields in scunthorpe and that was while he was playing for liverpool!

Your mates dog played for Liverpool?

J-Bay Blue said:
BornLate58 said:
Not city players but Andy Ritchie and Steve Heighway went to my school Mossely Hall in Cheadle. Not bad considering football was a no go until 5th year due to it being a good old fashioned grammar school.
Andy year below and didn't particularly stand out in the quad. He was however committed at city's training ground in Cheadle,there every night just smashing a ball left foot,right foot against a wall.

"Mossely Hall in Cheadle"
Don't remember that School - I went to Cheadle Hulme School (MWCOS) - the local village school was called Hulme Hall.

I was a boarder and 95% of the boys at school were rags.
We didn't have any City players, but a few of the City reserve players played in special football games organised by the teachers.

In those days (1960's) we were not allowed to play football at school - Rugby only.

One of my teachers was a City fan and he used to give me a lift to away games (including the Newcastle 4-3 game!)

Was part of the old Cheadle Grammar School, which eventually evolved into Moseley Comp and then into The Manor and eventually turned into a sixth form college. My old school too and as far as i know the above mentioned were the only pros that the school produced. Oh wait, someone called Hughes who played for Reading in the late 90's?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.