City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Quick question for the brains. When we have a cup game and we share gate receipts do we also share costs? Presumably we pay staff, police etc.
Costs are shared as defined by the FA.

''The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a
breach of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling
(and possibly accommodation) expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the
Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which
include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, weather reports,
police charges, floodlighting in accordance with the Competition Rules, contributions to the
costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water
provided the Visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Any
shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the home club and are not to be shared. The
Professional Game Board shall have the power from time to time to issue instructions as to
what shall and shall not be allowed as a match expense.
(b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed
matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be
divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net
gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided
equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.
(iv)
In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
5% to The Association.
42.5% to each Club.
10% to the Pool.''

You're forgetting that it was a 13-month accounting period so expenses were higher than they would have been normally whereas revenue won't have been much different. City were saying that profits would have been about £10m higher had the accounts been prepared over a 12-month period.
I knew it was 13 months, didnt remember the 10 mill figure. Thought you would be along to put me right ;) Is my other fag packet figure about right that we need to increase turnover by about 30 mill to cover the 160 mill net spend not included, in the right ballpark ?

I knew it was 13 months, didnt remember the 10 mill figure. Thought you would be along to put me right ;) Is my other fag packet figure about right that we need to increase turnover by about 30 mill to cover the 160 mill net spend not included, in the right ballpark ?
I worked it out that it was more than covered by the loss of 12 wage-packets off the payroll and the remaining amortisation on players like Navas & Bony, plus the profit we made on the players sold, which could be £60m alone.

Costs are shared as defined by the FA.

''The net gate receipts due from a match (except replayed matches in consequence of a
breach of the Rules) shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling
(and possibly accommodation) expenses of the Visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the
Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed under the Competition Rules (which
include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, weather reports,
police charges, floodlighting in accordance with the Competition Rules, contributions to the
costs of First Aid Helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water
provided the Visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Any
shortfalls in receipts are the responsibility of the home club and are not to be shared. The
Professional Game Board shall have the power from time to time to issue instructions as to
what shall and shall not be allowed as a match expense.
(b) Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:
(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed
matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be
divided equally between the competing Clubs.
(ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net
gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided
equally between the competing Clubs.
(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
45% to each Club competing in the match.
10% to the Pool.
(iv)
In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
5% to The Association.
42.5% to each Club.
10% to the Pool.''
Cheers lad

Major Question : Is the Arab Companies Aabar + Etissalat Telecommunication Corporation are sponsors for City ??
IF THEY ARE WHAT IS THE REVENUES From those 2 Sponsors ?? As someone said to me that city inflate the Numbers with those 2 Companies to raise The City Commerical Revenues despite City has less popularity Than Arsenal For Example .

Major Question : Is the Arab Companies Aabar + Etissalat Telecommunication Corporation are sponsors for City ??
IF THEY ARE WHAT IS THE REVENUES From those 2 Sponsors ?? As someone said to me that city inflate the Numbers with those 2 Companies to raise The City Commerical Revenues despite City has less popularity Than Arsenal For Example .
How do you inflate the revenue? Isn't the revenue, the revenue, regardless where it comes from?

It's already been explained to you that commercial revenues aren't usually revealed so we have no idea and neither does the person claiming we're artificially "inflating" revenues. But these companies get global publicity from these arrangements so they get something out of it. And whether Arsenal are more popular than us or not is largely irrelevant. It's about the exposure each team gets and we're playing in the CL and at the top of the PL whereas Arsenal are in the Europa League and out of the top four. Popularity is probably quite important in terms of shirt sales and therefore kit manufacturing deals but it's exposure that matters for commercial deals. And as a large part of the takeover was presumably about global exposure for Abu Dhabi and its major businesses then it's clearly working.

But if we're talking about inflating revenues, then you could mention the eye-watering season ticket prices charged by Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.