City quiz of the 1980's on MEN

Cheers for that - I remember that game. I was almost certain that he wasn't captain at 18, so when the MEN answer said he was I was surprised. Not the first time the MEN has given duff info.
Rule One of setting a quiz - get the facts right !
I nipped home and checked Teenage Kicks!
19th March 1988 Redmond was made captain v Swindon, his birth date was November 67 so he was indeed 20.
I still got it wrong as I said 19, but the MEN is clearly wrong.

I nipped home and checked Teenage Kicks!
19th March 1988 Redmond was made captain v Swindon, his birth date was November 67 so he was indeed 20.
I still got it wrong as I said 19, but the MEN is clearly wrong.

Well that would appear to settle it beyond doubt. I was wrong too, also with 19.
Seems like age may be catching up on us both !
No excuse for the MEN though.

10/10, If it was any other decade I don't think I would get them all correct.
I can name the band or singer when I hear a song from the 80's. 90's, 00's no chance.

But if you said Redmond was 18 then you only got 9/10 ;)
This is like the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire where the contestant answered and was told "correct" but the next day it was all over the press as incorrect
The question was "what's the least number of times a player has to hit the ball to win a set in tennis?"
The options were something like

This is like the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire where the contestant answered and was told "correct" but the next day it was all over the press as incorrect
The question was "what's the least number of times a player has to hit the ball to win a set in tennis?"
The options were something like
Is it not 15
3 games winning on 5 1st serves and your opponent then double faulting every point on there serve?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.