City quiz of the 1980's on MEN

Well that would appear to settle it beyond doubt. I was wrong too, also with 19.
Seems like age may be catching up on us both !
No excuse for the MEN though.
Don't worry - in my mind he was 19 too until I checked. That was such an important era for many of us who lived through it and so I guess we let our feelings and memories cloud the facts occasionally. I remember when Micah captained City and being asked by a journalist then how he compared in terms of age my first reaction was that Reddo was younger.

Great days despite some of our struggles. The 80s was one of those decades that was so important to City's evolution but sadly these days some just see it as part of a downward spiral that culminated in the late 90s struggles. It was far from that. It was a period when Manchester felt blue no matter what Utd did and by the summer of 1989 we felt we could achieve anything. The early 90s saw us build on that a little thanks to those 1986 FA Youth Cup winners and when the PL was established in 1992 we were one of several prominent teams that could have won it with a bit of luck and drive. Whichever team became the dominant one in the formative PL years would be the first to make significant, game-changing money out of the game. Sadly, it was you-know-who and our owners' poor decisions sent us on a downward path instead. Ah well - we wouldn't have what we've got now without that I guess!

Don't worry - in my mind he was 19 too until I checked. That was such an important era for many of us who lived through it and so I guess we let our feelings and memories cloud the facts occasionally. I remember when Micah captained City and being asked by a journalist then how he compared in terms of age my first reaction was that Reddo was younger.

Great days despite some of our struggles. The 80s was one of those decades that was so important to City's evolution but sadly these days some just see it as part of a downward spiral that culminated in the late 90s struggles. It was far from that. It was a period when Manchester felt blue no matter what Utd did and by the summer of 1989 we felt we could achieve anything. The early 90s saw us build on that a little thanks to those 1986 FA Youth Cup winners and when the PL was established in 1992 we were one of several prominent teams that could have won it with a bit of luck and drive. Whichever team became the dominant one in the formative PL years would be the first to make significant, game-changing money out of the game. Sadly, it was you-know-who and our owners' poor decisions sent us on a downward path instead. Ah well - we wouldn't have what we've got now without that I guess!

Spot on Gary. As they say - no pain, no gain.
It's been well worth it !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.