City removing seats

However, as you’ve said there will be others on a tight budget who can ill afford to move to a potentially more expensive seat.
And that's the problem. On the one hand, we have a wide range of prices to suit all pockets, from £310 seats in SS3 and Value Seasoncards, to £1300 in 93:20. We also have 40k seasoncard holders.

Compare that to Liverpool, where the seasoncard prices range from £685 to £869 and there's only 25k season tickets. Hence why Liverpool's matchday revenue is nearly 50% higher than ours in a similar sized stadium. That extra revenue would cover the transfer fee and most if not all of the wages for a world class forward.

But, as I said to someone on Twitter last night, we don't have a seemingly bottomless pit of fans and the ones we do have don't have bottomless pockets. So the club should be balancing trying to optimise its revenue stream but not in a way that impacts demand, negatively impacts existing fans or puts off new fans from attending regularly.

I simply don't think that the club thinks far enough ahead; they just seem to focus on a 12-month horizon and getting a year-on-year increase. One day (and that may be this coming summer) that attitude may well bite them on the bum.

So, the new Capacity would be less than our current average att.

Pitch side digital signage my arse.
Will Robertson be shoving players into this pitchside digital signage?

So the swamp rats are trialling a section of rail seats, I’d hope the club are making similar plans which may help offset the loss of the seats mentioned, we don’t have to be pioneers of it, but ready to move when it happens, the Etihad is far better equipped to install rail seating, maybe this is the first initiative of many involving match going fans but we’re hearing about this first as fans are about to start returning

not compared with other clubs. Much as I love City, FFP has proved that we have to be self sufficient- rich owners or not. The club knows it has loyal fans but there’s only so much it can do.

Cue loads of disgruntled posters complaining about the club not caring ......
I think its fair to say we're better than most, possibly all but there's still room for improvement.

That being said you'll never please all the people all of the time. I'd imagine someone on the original front row being over the bluemoon at getting that spot back again.

Reactions: CC1
And that's the problem. On the one hand, we have a wide range of prices to suit all pockets, from £310 seats in SS3 and Value Seasoncards, to £1300 in 93:20. We also have 40k seasoncard holders.

Compare that to Liverpool, where the seasoncard prices range from £685 to £869 and there's only 25k season tickets. Hence why Liverpool's matchday revenue is nearly 50% higher than ours in a similar sized stadium. That extra revenue would cover the transfer fee and most if not all of the wages for a world class forward.

But, as I said to someone on Twitter last night, we don't have a seemingly bottomless pit of fans and the ones we do have don't have bottomless pockets. So the club should be balancing trying to optimise its revenue stream but not in a way that impacts demand, negatively impacts existing fans or puts off new fans from attending regularly.

I simply don't think that the club thinks far enough ahead; they just seem to focus on a 12-month horizon and getting a year-on-year increase. One day (and that may be this coming summer) that attitude may well bite them on the bum.
Does your last paragraph suggest a price rise next season?

Even though City have been brilliant this season not taking monies etc as many other clubs have, increasing prices especially next season would be as bad a decision as Pep's team selection v Lyon.

So the swamp rats are trialling a section of rail seats, I’d hope the club are making similar plans which may help offset the loss of the seats mentioned, we don’t have to be pioneers of it, but ready to move when it happens, the Etihad is far better equipped to install rail seating, maybe this is the first initiative of many involving match going fans but we’re hearing about this first as fans are about to start returning
Not sure why United are getting any credit, pretty sure they are Deffo in the away end at spurs already?

Not sure why United are getting any credit, pretty sure they are Deffo in the away end at spurs already?
Spurs built a brand new stadium so it was easier to incorporate. Fact is that we’ve been campaigning for the last 5 or 6 years for safe standing, have been in regular contact with the club about safe standing during that time, and much of their communication back to us during that period has been supportive, but over the last 6-12 months they’ve totally stalled on any plans. Meanwhile, United have forged ahead of City and done the necessary changes to get the rail seating trial up and running, whereas City appear to have just sacked the idea off totally. For the time being at least.

Who says there will be less day trippers? If they decrease the season tickets by the same amount there will be no change. They may end up with better seats but they will be moving away from Friends and family and having to pay a premium in most cases of 100% extra from the season after next for the privilege.

I'm sure those being moved don't think it's win win.
I'm pretty sure you've got that the wrong way around.

Why would they reduce season tickets?

They will end up with better seats (they'll be able to see the pitch and perhaps stay drier).

They may have to move away from friends and/or family (they may be able to move all together).

They may have to pay more (but that's not guaranteed at all and you certainly can't state it'll be 100% more).

You make a lot of baseless assumptions I'm afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.