City removing seats

if I was forced into around a 50% increase to stay in the lower tier or have to move to the 3rd tier as a result of the seats being taken away I would stop going. It wouldn't be down to economics either, just one on principle.

That is what will happen to some of the fans in the first 3 rows. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?
I dont know for sure but imagine the first 3 rows in the lower tier are the same price as the rest of the lower tier except for the odd value gold or whatever it's called which can be anywhere. I expect every S/T holder affected can still be accommodated in the lower tier. After all these are the areas of the ground we get blasted for when the seats aren't sold.

I personally dont have a problem with it because quite how somebody would pay what is required to be paid to watch PL football to sit there is beyond me, the view low down is terrible. Not just at our ground btw but all grounds that had to have seating at pitch level, ridiculous but that's another argument for the fuckwits that run the Country (ie. the fuckin Dippers :-))

Everything the Club do is to balance the books, rather that than robbing owners taking money out. Hopefully it will bring forward plans to develop and increase Family stand.

Just got my email today. lost my seat position front row south stand. Gutted to be honest. I loved this position ,close to the six yard line. It felt like I was on the pitch with the players and I was on the pitch when every goal went in this end. I was right in the middle of all the banter and song singing ,the atmosphere was incredible and the banter with away fans funny to watch. As for crap views I disagree, I had the best view in the house when Vinnie hit that screamer. I knew it was in before he did and about three seconds before everyone else !
I used to have to reposition for champs league games as my seat was removed for those for more press area.
I could not find a better position ,tried the upper areas of the south stand , atmosphere was nowhere near as good and I needed binoculars. Tried centre areas and there was no atmosphere at all. No singing .
I have been told I will have a choice of where to reposition , but if that is a thousand people to reposition then I cant see everybody being happy, and certainly most will be out of pocket after one season.
Its not just about the money though. I thought it was great down there.
I suspect some would have bought those seats because they were cheap, some because it was all they could get and some, like you, because they wanted to be as close as possible to the action.

Been thinking about this and talking to one of my City Matters colleagues and we both feel that while we couldn't stop the club doing this - it's a commercial decision - they could have done more to handle it better.

If you're an organisation with customers then you have to treat those customers fairly and with respect. What we'd have said if they'd consulted us properly is that the 500 seasoncard holders impacted should have been given an initial choices here possible. The club know what seats are available and could have said that seats are available in the lower remaining rows close to where they e been moved from and provisionally allocated those to the 500 people affected. If they chose to take those seats permanently, they'd be charged the old price while they were in those seats.

If on the other hand they didn't want those seats and preferred to move somewhere else, then they'd be given up to 2 years at the old price and therefore have 3 windows where they had priority to select a new seat. Once they'd moved to the new seat, they'd be charged the appropriate price.

We'll see what they say to that.

I suspect some would have bought those seats because they were cheap, some because it was all they could get and some, like you, because they wanted to be as close as possible to the action.

Been thinking about this and talking to one of my City Matters colleagues and we both feel that while we couldn't stop the club doing this - it's a commercial decision - they could have done more to handle it better.

If you're an organisation with customers then you have to treat those customers fairly and with respect. What we'd have said if they'd consulted us properly is that the 500 seasoncard holders impacted should have been given an initial choices here possible. The club know what seats are available and could have said that seats are available in the lower remaining rows close to where they e been moved from and provisionally allocated those to the 500 people affected. If they chose to take those seats permanently, they'd be charged the old price while they were in those seats.

If on the other hand they didn't want those seats and preferred to move somewhere else, then they'd be given up to 2 years at the old price and therefore have 3 windows where they had priority to select a new seat. Once they'd moved to the new seat, they'd be charged the appropriate price.

We'll see what they say to that.
PB, doyou knowing the rowsaffe ted were actually cheaper than the rest of the lower tier? I thought our S/T pricing was quite simple and didn't stretch to different price bands for different Rows generally.

PB, doyou knowing the rowsaffe ted were actually cheaper than the rest of the lower tier? I thought our S/T pricing was quite simple and didn't stretch to different price bands for different Rows generally.
They were quite a bit cheaper. £400 for the cheapest and £500 for others. Our season ticket prices are different for each block pretty well, depending on how near the centre line the seats are.

There's even bands within blocks, with 3 different bands, depending on how far back you are. Personally I think that's daft but when your CEO used to run an airline then I suppose we should be grateful we aren't charged to have a fast-track system for getting into the stadium and the block itself.

I dont know for sure but imagine the first 3 rows in the lower tier are the same price as the rest of the lower tier except for the odd value gold or whatever it's called which can be anywhere. I expect every S/T holder affected can still be accommodated in the lower tier. After all these are the areas of the ground we get blasted for when the seats aren't sold.

I personally dont have a problem with it because quite how somebody would pay what is required to be paid to watch PL football to sit there is beyond me, the view low down is terrible. Not just at our ground btw but all grounds that had to have seating at pitch level, ridiculous but that's another argument for the fuckwits that run the Country (ie. the fuckin Dippers :-))

Everything the Club do is to balance the books, rather that than robbing owners taking money out. Hopefully it will bring forward plans to develop and increase Family stand.
in my block row 1-3 were £200 cheaper than row A-CC.

I'm on (or was) in block 114 on row 2 so have to relocate, my mates that sit in the seats directly behind me are apparently not affected. My only hope is that somebody in that row doesn't renew and I get first dibs on a seat in that row for my relocation. I was moved to that area out of 212 when they expanded the South Stand now when all the dust settles on Covid -19 I will be forced to move again.

I'm on (or was) in block 114 on row 2 so have to relocate, my mates that sit in the seats directly behind me are apparently not affected. My only hope is that somebody in that row doesn't renew and I get first dibs on a seat in that row for my relocation. I was moved to that area out of 212 when they expanded the South Stand now when all the dust settles on Covid -19 I will be forced to move again.

I can't understand the posters who say that in their opinion these seats are shit so nobody should be bothered that they are being replaced by ADVERTISING displays.

Supporters are in them for all sorts of reasons.

I can't understand the posters who say that in their opinion these seats are shit so nobody should be bothered that they are being replaced by ADVERTISING displays.

Supporters are in them for all sorts of reasons.
Well I was more than happy there, really close to the aways, surrounded by a great set of people, good enough view. So what not under cover but that's never bothered me not one bit.

Well I was more than happy there, really close to the aways, surrounded by a great set of people, good enough view. So what not under cover but that's never bothered me not one bit.

I expect the posters who think it's acceptable to kick commited supporters out of seats that were only put in place a couple of seasons ago hang on Khaldoon's every word in his end of season review when he says that that our traditional support is at the heart of what the club does.

in my block row 1-3 were £200 cheaper than row A-CC.
Ah right, never really paid too much attention to prices outside of my own block Level 2 South Stand. The prices have gone up over the years but what do you do, stop going? It's a tough one because compared to our competitors our prices are a snip and they are watching shite.
How the hell working class fans of London clubs manage I'll never know, they must be all single.

I think the problem is probably because a lot of S/T holders dont attend all games and there are usually tickets available on the day. Tin hat on here but it's a fact but I personally never miss a match at home, Covid aside.
This period had made a lot realise how much is spent watching football, it is a fuckin rip off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.