City set to dominate Utd for a generation

Not in the slightest.

It's a growing market, obviously, but it's also the wealthiest and the one most likely to buy bona fide merchandise. A significant proportion of football gear in Asia is snide, something the American and Canadian middle-class kids (or rather their parents) are likely to principally avoid. As living standards rise in Latin America that too will be an important market, especially for us. It's all very good wanking into a frenzy about the number of supporters in Malaysia, but the reality is that the money per head those fans bring into united and Liverpool is pitiful.

I agree but the fact that, in general, those in Asia will spend less per head does not mean it cannot be the most profitable market in the future. For example, if PL teams were to sell access to their individual games for a small amount, let's say £1, through a high quality stream, United would make an awful lot of money.

I agree but the fact that, in general, those in Asia will spend less per head does not mean it cannot be the most profitable market in the future. For example, if PL teams were to sell access to their individual games for a small amount, let's say £1, through a high quality stream, United would make an awful lot of money.
That's a good point and I was probably thinking along too narrow lines, although containing the media streaming market clearly isn't straightforward.

The thing we need to get right is when Pep leaves and if the Barca boys leave, just look at Arsenal when Wengers mate left and they had a change in transfer policy, similar when the twunt Gill left the swamp at the same time as GPC.

I’d probably agree on that. Red being a special colour in the minds of Chinese and other Asian countries.
But that still leaves ... South America, India, Middle East, Africa, Central America , Antarctica...

Look at Chelsea... their shirt sales last season were incredible... where are they popular? Shows the impact winning the CL can have on the club's revenue

Recently returned from new york. Those thinking football is a big deal out there are miles off the mark. (Not city i mean the whole sport)
1.bought a sunday paper.20 pages of sport.there was ONE PARAGRAPH on football.It was regarding messi's new contract at barca.
2. Sports shops.Went in loads. Saw one city away shirt on sale and one utd boys home shirt on sale that was it for the prem.A slightly bigger effort for national teams plus the odd barca/real knocking about.
I just dont see it taking off the way people hope it will. I want to be proved wrong but having seen it with my own eyes only 6 weeks ago i dont hold out much hope.

Recently returned from new york. Those thinking football is a big deal out there are miles off the mark. (Not city i mean the whole sport)
1.bought a sunday paper.20 pages of sport.there was ONE PARAGRAPH on football.It was regarding messi's new contract at barca.
2. Sports shops.Went in loads. Saw one city away shirt on sale and one utd boys home shirt on sale that was it for the prem.A slightly bigger effort for national teams plus the odd barca/real knocking about.
I just dont see it taking off the way people hope it will. I want to be proved wrong but having seen it with my own eyes only 6 weeks ago i dont hold out much hope.

I lived in the US from 2012 until last year. Football is the fifth biggest sport there after American football, basketball, baseball and ice hockey. But more kids play football than any other sport at school. Among Hispanic-Americans, who are a quickly growing demographic, football is the most popular sport. In 5-10 years, it will be a different story but failing to qualify for the World Cup didn't help

I lived in the US from 2012 until last year. Football is the fifth biggest sport there after American football, basketball, baseball and ice hockey. But more kids play football than any other sport at school. Among Hispanic-Americans, who are a quickly growing demographic, football is the most popular sport. In 5-10 years, it will be a different story but failing to qualify for the World Cup didn't help

Rodney Marsh said about Soccer (our word not theirs) being the sport that most competed in as you did not heave to weight 250lbs or be 6'8", however that was 20/25 years ago.

He thought it could just end up like the most participated sport in the UK, where lots of people do it, but few watch it (angling). If the US of States took Soccer seriously it would be welcome, as their league could dominate the world, and English clubs could go back to normal after the PL bubble pops.

A City fan of over 30 years. Makes me cringe a little. Let's win silver wear this year first before we talk about a generation. We will win the league and therefore we need a minimum of one other to make it not feel flat at the end. From this position we can rest players in the league in awhile and focus on the end stages of cups if there.
Lets win the league for a few years and we have to win the Champs league before we can even consider using the word dominating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.