City set to dominate Utd for a generation

Recently returned from new york. Those thinking football is a big deal out there are miles off the mark. (Not city i mean the whole sport)
1.bought a sunday paper.20 pages of sport.there was ONE PARAGRAPH on football.It was regarding messi's new contract at barca.
2. Sports shops.Went in loads. Saw one city away shirt on sale and one utd boys home shirt on sale that was it for the prem.A slightly bigger effort for national teams plus the odd barca/real knocking about.
I just dont see it taking off the way people hope it will. I want to be proved wrong but having seen it with my own eyes only 6 weeks ago i dont hold out much hope.
So what.
Yanks havent got a clue about sport.
They have the world series ......with only yank teams init.
Enough said

I lived in the US from 2012 until last year. Football is the fifth biggest sport there after American football, basketball, baseball and ice hockey. But more kids play football than any other sport at school. Among Hispanic-Americans, who are a quickly growing demographic, football is the most popular sport. In 5-10 years, it will be a different story but failing to qualify for the World Cup didn't help
Participating in football is great. Getting people to buy merchandise and follow a team 3,000 miles away is another story all together.those kids playing now will watch on tv from afar and that will be it for us. They probably all have their own team mls team anyway. The only real positive we can have atm in the u.s is the fact that we are winning all the time ... and by fuck do the love a winner over there.

Recently returned from new york. Those thinking football is a big deal out there are miles off the mark. (Not city i mean the whole sport)
1.bought a sunday paper.20 pages of sport.there was ONE PARAGRAPH on football.It was regarding messi's new contract at barca.
2. Sports shops.Went in loads. Saw one city away shirt on sale and one utd boys home shirt on sale that was it for the prem.A slightly bigger effort for national teams plus the odd barca/real knocking about.
I just dont see it taking off the way people hope it will. I want to be proved wrong but having seen it with my own eyes only 6 weeks ago i dont hold out much hope.
I was in New York and Philadelphia in September (including a New York Mets and a New York City game) and my experience was very different. Whilst still lagging behind US national sports, football is definitely growing and I think it will be a very different story in a generation.

Fcuk me, all this talk about dominating Utd for a generation and we haven't won anything yet this season.
Strictly a Lena Martell man myself - " One game (day) at a time sweet Jesus".

the only problem you can have with long term plans and a vision for your club is the ruling bodies you play under I.E the premier league and uefa are united to the core on there boards and have members like david gill in power and until manchester city get somebody from the club on them boards and have a voice we will still be fighting the dream

yes the future looks good and we have beaten the FFP in uefa but that was more about the here and now and was never really long term going to hurt manchester city but the biggest test is the premier league the bread and butter of any club wanting to chase united and become top dogs and you only have to look at last season the way the officials took on pep in games and when the bbc radio manchester match commentator ian cheeseman spoke out about the refs you seen the power a club in red have

look skysport and BTsports are never going to put the foot into man united its a no brainier both work hand in hand with the big sponsors wanting the so called best watched club to plug there stuff to the armchair fan base and you only have to watch the match day panel of pundits to see that its just like going to church to hear the preacher spout his gospel all the good is spoken about the good lord in red from manchester

so maybe manchester city have taken on the devil in sheep clothing on the field but until united are ridden from the premier league and uefa ruling bodies manchester city will be fighting and chasing the dream and the only thing we can all hope for is united themselves to blow up and rust setting in and big flakes start to drop off

Don't really agree with the article. The squad and style of play wasn't tuned to the Guardiola way of playing at all as seen by the number of changes he made and us underachieving last season trying to get to grips with the pressing/ playing out of defence. Waiting on Guardiola to arrive led to a couple of half arsed seasons under Pellegrini. We might be planning for Arteta/Machin/Vieira/whoever to take over when he's gone but there's no guarantee they'll be up to it. Talk of domination is nonsense at this stage, let's at least win something first.

Spot on that Mourinho appointment was just a panic response to us getting Guardiola though. Think Utd will end up regretting it as much as Moyes/Van Gaal.

So the gap has officially got a name .........SUCCESSION PLANNING.

I love that and will use it regularly. Daily in fact.

Mind the gap.

Ha ha ha h a a

Ferguson was so self centred he left United with an ageing team and a shit manager to make himself and his time at the club look better

the only problem you can have with long term plans and a vision for your club is the ruling bodies you play under I.E the premier league and uefa are united to the core on there boards and have members like david gill in power and until manchester city get somebody from the club on them boards and have a voice we will still be fighting the dream

yes the future looks good and we have beaten the FFP in uefa but that was more about the here and now and was never really long term going to hurt manchester city but the biggest test is the premier league the bread and butter of any club wanting to chase united and become top dogs and you only have to look at last season the way the officials took on pep in games and when the bbc radio manchester match commentator ian cheeseman spoke out about the refs you seen the power a club in red have

look skysport and BTsports are never going to put the foot into man united its a no brainier both work hand in hand with the big sponsors wanting the so called best watched club to plug there stuff to the armchair fan base and you only have to watch the match day panel of pundits to see that its just like going to church to hear the preacher spout his gospel all the good is spoken about the good lord in red from manchester

so maybe manchester city have taken on the devil in sheep clothing on the field but until united are ridden from the premier league and uefa ruling bodies manchester city will be fighting and chasing the dream and the only thing we can all hope for is united themselves to blow up and rust setting in and big flakes start to drop off

We're not doing too badly in the PL at the moment all the same though are we, a coats?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.